Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Message From Aero Leather USA

dash69

Familiar Face
All right,back on the thread topic...back in july 2011 i ordered,or so i thought,2 jacket's from aero usa.Total money-1692.60 USD.A teamster,and highwayman.I'm not a big fan of credit card's,so i had my paypal account set up as a direct checking account debit.So with that 45 day refund policy,when Aero USA tanked paypal would not give me a refund.Neither would my bank.I didn't expect Aero Scotland to help with my problem.But they went out of there way to bring some compensation my way.I was given,free of charge a sweet FQHH cheyenne,in brown.And like they said they weren't obligated to do this,but i guess they felt a moral responsibility...That said,i reordered my teamster with them,at a discount of 20%.After checking up on this thread on tuesday,and seeing that there were some people who had there money refunded by paypal i gave them a call today,talked to a supervisor and was given a one time cortesy refund!!!The jacket holly and her dad gave me was there gift to me,wether i was refunded anything or not.So i'll be paying full price for my reordered teamster,and i'm a customer for life.If you've been stiffed buy mark moye and lost hope for a refund give paypal a call...if you used them.Hope this long winded massage can help someone,,,Thank you Aero,Fedora lounge,and paypal.

D

Deleted member 16736

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you don't buy the jacket; you buy the jacket maker.

All's well that ends well.

nevadapd

Familiar Face
All right,back on the thread topic...back in july 2011 i ordered,or so i thought,2 jacket's from aero usa.Total money-1692.60 USD.A teamster,and highwayman.I'm not a big fan of credit card's,so i had my paypal account set up as a direct checking account debit.So with that 45 day refund policy,when Aero USA tanked paypal would not give me a refund.Neither would my bank.I didn't expect Aero Scotland to help with my problem.But they went out of there way to bring some compensation my way.I was given,free of charge a sweet FQHH cheyenne,in brown.And like they said they weren't obligated to do this,but i guess they felt a moral responsibility...That said,i reordered my teamster with them,at a discount of 20%.After checking up on this thread on tuesday,and seeing that there were some people who had there money refunded by paypal i gave them a call today,talked to a supervisor and was given a one time cortesy refund!!!The jacket holly and her dad gave me was there gift to me,wether i was refunded anything or not.So i'll be paying full price for my reordered teamster,and i'm a customer for life.If you've been stiffed buy mark moye and lost hope for a refund give paypal a call...if you used them.Hope this long winded massage can help someone,,,Thank you Aero,Fedora lounge,and paypal.

My respect for Aero Scotland as a company just keeps growing. They're a stand-up organization - I too am a lifetime customer.

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
So, what happened to Mark Moye then ? Has he filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy, or is he living on the dark side of the moon with Elvis [huh]

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I filed a claim with my credit card company in April '12, about 11 months after Mark initially charged my card. Citi immediately issued me a conditional refund pending the outcome of their investigation and they also asked for more information. All I could send them were more printouts of emails.

Got word today that the refund is permanent. As I understand it, when Citi files a dispute with the merchant, they have 60 days maximum to respond. If they do not respond, the money is charged back from the merchant's bank and you win the dispute. I believe Mark was using Paypal to process all credit card orders, so he is their problem now. I imagine he's gonna have a lot of collection agents bugging him as well as credit problems in the future.

Credit cards really do offer great protection.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Really glad to hear there are more refunds coming in, and happy to hear you're pleased with the jacket you eventually got! Looks great.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I got word today from the South Carolina consumer affairs department that Moye/Aero USA has filed for Chapter 11. Since my credit card company refunded me about two weeks ago, I've washed my hands of this mess but I know some of you are still out a decent chunk of change. If you want his lawyer's info for claim purposes, shoot me a PM, but that will most likely be a waste of time. I suggest you guys who still haven't been refunded keep the pressure on the companies who processed the payment whether it be Paypal or a credit card company. If you bug them enough, hopefully they'll pay you just to go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner