Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new collaboration - Taylor Stitch X Golden Bear

technovox

One Too Many
I would love it if they released a cafe racer in that colour or even brown next week... hopefully I'm understanding it correctly that they have 1 more release??

If they did, it might look like this. Here's a vintage Golden Bear Cafe Racer I scored a few years back at the flea... circa 1960's. Older talon zips, a great example of the original overdyed black. And one of the thickest leathers I've ever come across in a cafe racer. (I used to have a brown one too, in the same year. But sold it a while back ...it was even thicker leather.)

GBMain.jpg

GBCafePocket.jpg

GBCafeSleeve.jpg

GBCafeCollar.jpg

GBCafeLabel.jpg

Last edited:
If TS didn't max out at 46, I'd surely contemplate this one. I wrote them after I did get a 48 shirt once that I wished they'd do more, but they said the demand was low for larger than 46. I don't get it, but that's what they said...come on man, it's AMERICA! a 48+ is no longer something odd. My kids have friends that were bigger than me in Jr High.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
If TS didn't max out at 46, I'd surely contemplate this one. I wrote them after I did get a 48 shirt once that I wished they'd do more, but they said the demand was low for larger than 46. I don't get it, but that's what they said...come on man, it's AMERICA! a 48+ is no longer something odd. My kids have friends that were bigger than me in Jr High.
Its painful seeing all the great thurston bros makeups sized for taller people.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Here's a vintage Golden Bear Cafe Racer I scored a few years back at the flea... circa 1960's. Older talon zips, a great example of the original overdyed black. And one of the thickest leathers I've ever come across in a cafe racer. (I used to have a brown one too, in the same year. But sold it a while back ...it was even thicker leather.)

I don't know how you do it, but you've found some really terrific jackets. I like that brown base coming through.

pawineguy

One Too Many

What I don't understand is that on something like this, where it's a pre-sell and Golden Bear surely has a pattern for larger sizes... why not offer it when it's not a matter of stock? I totally get that when you have to pattern something from scratch it's not economically feasible to make a pattern and then only sell two shirts, but if they have a house pattern that they use for all of their shirts, it makes sense to have those sizes available for pre-sales. Out of my three closest friends, two are 48 or larger, and if I go just around my neighborhood I know at least 5 or 6 other guys that are 48" plus. (not overweight, just BIG guys)

It's a shame because they are a good company and I've been really happy with everything from them. When I first started buying from them I had multiple shipment issues. The first time, after they straightened out the order, they sent it to me no charge. Another time they sent the wrong size and then realized they were oos on my size, so they sent me another pair of pants that I liked, again n/c. They earned my loyalty.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24