Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Nice Autumn Drink

Mike K.

One Too Many
Here's a new drink that is the perfect for fending off that autumn chill. I'm not entirely sure if this is anything new but I haven't found an abundance of drink recipes using maple as a mixer.

Ingredients
-medium-gold rum (e.g. Appleton Estate Reserve or Bacardi Select)
-maple syrup, grade B (the real maple - not that fake Aunt Jemima stuff)
-water

I've been mixing a ratio of approximately 1 part real maple syrup to 2 parts rum. Add just a small amount of water to cut some of the bite (enough to suit your tastes).

Now just break out that favorite old flannel shirt, stoke the fireplace, turn on some Glenn Miller, and enjoy!

lodge-fireplace.jpg

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Mike K. said:
Here's a new drink that is the perfect for fending off that autumn chill. I'm not entirely sure if this is anything new but I haven't found an abundance of drink recipes using maple as a mixer.

Ingredients
-medium-gold rum (e.g. Appleton Estate Reserve or Bacardi Select)
-maple syrup, grade B (the real maple - not that fake Aunt Jemima stuff)
-water

I've been mixing a ratio of approximately 1 part real maple syrup to 2 parts rum. Add just a small amount of water to cut some of the bite (enough to suit your tastes).

Now just break out that favorite old flannel shirt, stoke the fireplace, turn on some Glenn Miller, and enjoy!

lodge-fireplace.jpg

It actually sounds good but what could i use instead of rum?

Ethan Bentley said:
Herb’s Harvest
2 parts Herb’s Rosemary vodka
1/2 part pear puree
1/2 part lemon juice
1/4 part almond syrup
3/4 part cranberry juice (optional)
sprig of rosemary for garnish

http://cocktails.about.com/od/vodkadrinkrecipes/r/herbs_harvest.htm

Maybe the odd pumpkin or ginger or cranberry "martini" might do nicely too. Anyone have any recipes they'd like to share?

If you want cranberry, go with a Cosmopolitan. :D
Your recipe sounds good though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner