Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A rare 1937 Bugatti Type 57S Atalante found

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
It is such a beautiful car I would drive it but not as a daily car.
Other people could enjoy the beauty of it, I could enjoy the ride and I prefer that to just rubbing a chamois over everyday in the garage.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I vote for restoration. You're going to have to take it apart in order to just stabilize 50 some-odd years of neglect, might as well go all the way.

A car like this cries out to be restored to its former glory...

M

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
If you can't afford the Bugatti (but still have a decent amount of wedge), Morgan Cars released the limited edition Morgan AeroMax a few years back which was influenced by the Atlantique.

Only 100 were made but it's a steal compared to £3 million for the Baggy :D

morgan-aeromax-400x300.jpg

7MorganAeroMaxR34.jpg

Chas

One Too Many
Re-reading the article I see that a French automobile museum owns four Bugatti 57S's.

Now, I think that that is kinda stupid.

Imagine, if you will, visiting said museum: "Oh, look honey...there's a Bugatti 57s! ...and another....and...another....hmmm. that looks like one, too."

Now, a smart curator would sell off three to buy more cars for the collection. I hope; otherwise that is a ridiculous example of abstract collecting.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Chas said:
Re-reading the article I see that a French automobile museum owns four Bugatti 57S's.

Now, I think that that is kinda stupid.

Imagine, if you will, visiting said museum: "Oh, look honey...there's a Bugatti 57s! ...and another....and...another....hmmm. that looks like one, too."

Now, a smart curator would sell off three to buy more cars for the collection. I hope; otherwise that is a ridiculous example of abstract collecting.

Amen!

Story

I'll Lock Up
For who missed our Philadelphia gathering, I highly recommend the Simeone Auto Foundation - they fired up a 1926 and a 1936 Bugatti on Saturday.

http://www.simeonefoundation.org/

For anyone with a layover of a few hours in Philly, it's only a 15 min cab ride from the terminals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy