Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A total beginner

thomasbonilsson

New in Town
I am new in this fantastic forum.

You all seam to have a the greates stuff but I can't really find a place where you tip eacother where to find these clothes...

Maybe that should be a thread?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
We PM each other. If you tell us your clothing sizes and your preferences, we can PM you too. So ... what's your suit jacket size? Your trouser waist size? Your inseam length? Your shoe size? Your hat size? Your dress shirt size (neck and sleeve)?

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Don't feel too bad, Thomas - I'm a newbie 'round these parts as well, and haven't gotten the clothing thing down yet - except for hats, which was easy since I live only a few blocks from the famed Peters Brothers hat shop here in Fort Worth. I look forward to learning it all myself, and I also need to get around to getting my measurements.

Never had much of a sense of style to me, but the vintage look really appeals to me - just need help due to my cluelessness. :)

thomasbonilsson

New in Town
PM me.

Oh that would be great.

I am quit slim yet rather tall. 38 in suits, 9 in shoes.

29 or 30 in waist.

American sizes.
Is it mostly ebay you look at?

Thomas

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Your suit size is an excellent one for vintage suits. We can help you find a great suit (on eBay, probably) very quickly. Size 38 apparel appears all the time there.

Your shoe size is very typical, so you'll have a lot more competition finding vintage shoes in that size. There are plenty of them, but there are even more people trying to buy them.

Are you looking for a 1930s, a 1940s or a 1950s suit? Single-breasted or double-breasted? Let us know soon, so we can PM you with tips.

Also: What is your HEIGHT? (In centimeters is fine.)

thomasbonilsson

New in Town
My sizes.

Well. That sounds great. The suits I find are usually to big. I am 182 long and I am actually locking for all kind of suits but primarily 40´s. But I also like the 50´s ones.

How do I pm you if I find anything for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy