Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Touch of Vintage

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted a vintage themed wedding (at that time, I was thinking "Roaring 20's"). I got married last year but it was planned in less than 6 months so I didn't have the time to get that vintage theme I wanted. I wanted it to be SOMEWHAT vintage so when I found a mantilla veil, I was IN LOVE with it. I even chose a VERY simple wedding dress just to be sure that the veil would stand out. Do any of you ladies have any stories similar to mine, adding a touch of vintage to something? For example, when you can't dress your fully vintage self, do you make sure to have at least one thing just to have that touch of vintage (red lipstick perhaps)? Here is a picture of me with my veil :D

l_cb5f7d59576519e470a72631b7f90d03.jpg

l_093755f5f303f4a3b5f65f0e5eb07ba2.jpg

l_bac1f1f3143ec52221e6398ef60c851b.jpg

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
You look beautiful in those pictures!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but why didn't have your vintage wedding? 6 months sounds like a fair amount of time to me [huh]

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absolutely gorgeous!

From one mantilla-wearing bride to another...you're so pretty!

In my day job life (as opposed to the night-time music career where i am always 20s or 30s), I usually wear all modern clothes that have decent vintage shapes to them, with perhaps a vintage jacket, and always vintage jewelry. Most vintage clothing is too fragile for regular wear and tear.

So I still look vintage, all the time, but washable and wearable...I look awful in modern styles, and I would not be caught dead without red lipstick!

Lillemor

One Too Many
Beautiful! I wore red lipstick too, an old "granny" shawl that my husband's paternal grandmother made and wore when she was young (b.1890s) and vintage Christian Dior costume jewelry. Not sure what era the jewelry was though. The dress was typical empire 90s style. I wasn't planning an era wedding, I just wanted whatever we could afford and plan in less than 4 months from proposal and before I became colosal pregnant because I wanted to be traditional and hide the circumstances. Today I'm happy that circumstances brought the vintage touches into our wedding.

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
Thank you, ladies, for your kind comments! To be more accurate, I actually had less than 4 months to plan this wedding (like you, Lillemor). In December of '06, my hubby and I decided we wanted our annual in March since we became an "item" in March of '04. We didn't want to wait until March of 2008 tho. So with little time, budget, work, school, and son, I didn't really have the time to make it that fully blown vintage themed wedding I had always wanted. Stuck with a mantilla veil and Besame's Red Velvet lipstick to give it just a touch of vintage. It was a small, simple, yet, in my opinion, beautiful wedding.

Lillemor, do you have any photos?

And Miss 1929, yes, actual vintage clothing is too fragile, especially with 2 toddler boys! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner