A visit to leather jacket heaven in Thessaloniki - Thedi Leathers!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Oct 2, 2018.

1. ton312

ton312

BSA!

TheMarriedHermit likes this.
  2. The first bike that I bought was a 'like new' '67 Triumph in 1972 after returning from the Army. Most of my friends rode BSAs. I liked the Triumph but my best friend liked his new BSA ( which really was a nice bike ). However I would razz him every time his horn vibrated off his bike. Funny

3. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

this is very true, just by showing how often it gets worn worth much more than any praising words in any languages can convey.

4. TheMarriedHermit

TheMarriedHermit One of the Regulars

"When it's time for a dirt nap, whether ready or not, bury me in my leather jacket, and I'll be happy to rot."

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    ton312 and red devil like this.
  5. mygar

mygar A-List Customer

Getting the bike itch... looking at triumphs... this is my first street bike. Im not large guy and am beginner on street... looking for a 500 cc street bike that looks badazz. Cafe racer type... any recommendations?

I prefer american or european styles

6. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Yes that one is my daily wearer, can't wait to see your fit pics as well :D

7. Edward

Edward Bartender

What impresses me about Thedi is that, unlike many other brands that have come into existence in the last decade, they've really managed to create a sense of their own house style. I wasn't big on the more 70s-style offerings with which they started, but now they're working backwards and producing a lot of very lovely jackets that I like a lot. Heck, even if they did stuff that wasn't my bag, it's nice to see a brand build its own identity like that.

I'd lose the patches fast, but otherwise I really like this take on the style. Do they pocket it for armour?

These days every time I look for Triumph's own website, I keep finding one that will only show me bikes with 1000cc and upwards..... bigger than I'd ever want (hell, I'll probably be perfectly happy with a 250cc forever!). You might like a Royal Enfield, especially the GT Continental if you like the clip ons and low down looks of the Triumph Thruxton. The Classic and Bullet Enfields are nice too.

Benny Holiday, mygar and steve u like this.
  8. Jejupe

Jejupe Practically Family

@red devil

Your Thread has certainly provoked lots of thoughts for me...

couple of questions for you, if you don't mind:

1.) How would you describe the new deerskin Thedi has? I suppose it is soft and pliable, but what thickness would you say it is? For example in comparison to Thedi's goatskin?

2.) If you had a closer look at the shearling biker jacket, what thickness was that?

3) Do you know which leather is the jacket in this pic:

[​IMG]

Colin G and red devil like this.
  9. mygar

mygar A-List Customer

I saw a royal the other day by my house... cool looking bike. I will check those out. Yes, I gravitate to in style are 850cc + .... too big for me. Would like something easier to handle...

TheMarriedHermit and Edward like this.
  10. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

if you drive in traffic, you will learn to appreciate a bike with 850cc. A small bike with not much power may not be able to get you out of trouble quickly enough.

I learned how to ride on an old 850cc Norton Commando. Easy peasy.

mygar and HoosierDaddy like this.
  11. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

I thought it would :D

1 - It's a bit over 1mm from what I could say so 1.1 to 1.3 more or less from the feeling I got

2 - It was pretty thick, although couldn't tell you the exact measurements... It might be too warm for you

3 - This one should be goat skin

Jejupe likes this.
  12. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

850cc is not as big as you might think, the bonneville 900 for example is very nimble

mygar and ton312 like this.
  13. Jejupe

Jejupe Practically Family

Thanks!

red devil likes this.
  14. Sir Jacket

Sir Jacket Practically Family

As some may know, I've made the Thedi pilgrimage and own one of his shawl collars. To my mind they're better made than Aeros: a more elegant cut and at least as fine construction. (Slightly pricier, too.)

red devil, Alz and handymike like this.
  15. mygar

mygar A-List Customer

What i worry about is dropping a heavy bike when making slow turn or just stupid mistake at a stop light. I think an old starter bike is in order first to learn on... thought starting out with a lighter one and progressing from there

TheMarriedHermit likes this.
  16. barnabus

barnabus Practically Family

Stop saying things like this! I'm in the process of learning to ride, and my Module 1 test is in one month. Right now, I've never ridden anything bigger than a 125, but I'll be tested on a 500.

The trepidation is well second to the excitement at the moment though!

mygar likes this.
  17. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

The new bikes are much better balanced than the old ones, so it's unlikely you would drop it this easily.

If you can ride a 125, you can ride a 500. You would just need a bit of time to adjust.

mygar likes this.
  18. barnabus

barnabus Practically Family

O/T:

It's all getting a bit real now. I've been out today and bought my own crash helmet.

Colin G and red devil like this.
  19. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Not so O/T, Theodoros is a rider, so his jackets work really well on a motorbike :)

20. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

Where I live, there are little women around 5' tall driving Harley Sportsters in traffic. You won't have any issues.

If you make a mistake you'll go down whether it is a small or large bike.

mygar, ProteinNerd and red devil like this.