Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A word of thanks from a newcomer

JCSD

Practically Family
Very good advice. My first four or five jackets were all supposed to be “The One” and The fact is that for many of us there is no perfect jacket that ends the quest. I think it is more enjoyable if you shop with the idea that you are exploring new styles and leathers rather than hoping to get the one jacket that encompasses perfection.
Welcome to both of you!
Thanks for the welcome- love your posts!

The used market in leather jackets generally allows you to risk with little loss.
It’s when you buy brand new then sell that you take a hit.
8709ED79-B4C7-497C-92A3-9B8F29793C36.gif

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome aboard and enjoy the camaraderie and the huge wealth of knowledge shared here. Great bunch of guys you'd be proud to have in any club, it's just as well we come form all corners of the globe because if we could all get together on a regular basis we'd all be in lots of (very fun) trouble! And broke, but only in the monetary sense. There are riches found in our shared enthusiasm and fellowship that far eclipse mere financial matters.

JCSD

Practically Family
Welcome aboard and enjoy the camaraderie and the huge wealth of knowledge shared here. Great bunch of guys you'd be proud to have in any club, it's just as well we come form all corners of the globe because if we could all get together on a regular basis we'd all be in lots of (very fun) trouble! And broke, but only in the monetary sense. There are riches found in our shared enthusiasm and fellowship that far eclipse mere financial matters.
So well said- appreciate the warm welcome!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
JCSD - welcome to Fedora Lounge! I really appreciated reading your story there, and yest, you are in a great community here indeed. I rarely ever visit FB, but spend a lot of time here, so much better place overall and the people are what make it great!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Love your attitude. You're wise in that you waited to gain some knowledge (not that you didn't already possess it) before posting. Myself, I think I joined in 2012. I was clueless and unfortunately had to learn as I went along...but welcome!

not to pat anyone too heavily on the back here, but this forum is filled with a plethora of seriously fine folks. All kinds of goodness that sometimes is only witnessed in PMs and such. But you'll soon see!

JCSD

Practically Family
Love your attitude. You're wise in that you waited to gain some knowledge (not that you didn't already possess it) before posting. Myself, I think I joined in 2012. I was clueless and unfortunately had to learn as I went along...but welcome!

not to pat anyone too heavily on the back here, but this forum is filled with a plethora of seriously fine folks. All kinds of goodness that sometimes is only witnessed in PMs and such. But you'll soon see!
It’s definitely this great group that brought me into this forum specifically and ignited the newfound interest. Very happy to have found you all.

JCSD

Practically Family
JCSD - welcome to Fedora Lounge! I really appreciated reading your story there, and yest, you are in a great community here indeed. I rarely ever visit FB, but spend a lot of time here, so much better place overall and the people are what make it great!
With so much negativity prevalent in various social media platforms it’s nice to have a place to go where positivity seems to be the norm.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Welcome to the lounge. It truly is a special place, and has no equivalent. Like yourself, and probably many others, i have collected other stuff before. In my case, as a dilettante photographer, I was afflicted with GAS (Gear acquisition Syndrome) before calming down. I replaced one addiction with another, but I felt good about it because leather jackets are comparatively way less expensive than cameras and lenses (especially with brands such as Leica). Anyway, not only did the FL provide me with invaluable information, but I found there a community that tacitly rules out all kind of hostility, and it is such a break from other forums. Lastly, I can't help adding my voice to the warnings: since I started following the forum, I bought so many jackets I'm afraid to count them. Every one is supposed to be the last.

JCSD

Practically Family
Welcome to the lounge. It truly is a special place, and has no equivalent. Like yourself, and probably many others, i have collected other stuff before. In my case, as a dilettante photographer, I was afflicted with GAS (Gear acquisition Syndrome) before calming down. I replaced one addiction with another, but I felt good about it because leather jackets are comparatively way less expensive than cameras and lenses (especially with brands such as Leica). Anyway, not only did the FL provide me with invaluable information, but I found there a community that tacitly rules out all kind of hostility, and it is such a break from other forums. Lastly, I can't help adding my voice to the warnings: since I started following the forum, I bought so many jackets I'm afraid to count them. Every one is supposed to be the last.
We all need our hobbies to keep life sane but it’s the connections that make certain ones special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk