A10 gloves, different brands, sizing?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Zeltbahn, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Zeltbahn

Zeltbahn One of the Regulars

So I've been thinking of getting a pair of A10 gloves, read some old threads and I've been thinking of either Eastman or MASH gloves. It seems these two are same gloves (ELC gets their gloves from MASH or same manufacturer)? RMC gloves look good too but 225 £ seems a bit too much for a pair of gloves though they look very nice (these are horsehide while ELC/MASH are goatskin)

I'm confused by the sizing of MASH, I measured my hand with the guide on their website and it looks like 8.5 would be my size. I send them email and they recommend going for size 9.

Sizing on the ELC website for gloves looks much different from the MASH.

Anyone here have recent experiences with either ELC or MASH gloves?

2. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

I have the ELC version and am normally a Large in gloves size, ordered the large from ELC and they are a great fit...

3. Zeltbahn

Does it say Large on the label inside the gloves or a number like 9, 10...? I'm usually 8, kinda on the edge of XS and S when looking at the size chart on ELC website.

4. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

This is not an answer to the sizing question but just my $.02 on A-10 gloves. If you want to get matched up period correct with a jacket they’re cool. Otherwise for the money there are far warmer and more comfortable gloves out there for less $. I have 2 pair and rarely wear them.

5. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Says Large on mine :)

Zeltbahn likes this.
  6. Zeltbahn

I do like the sleek look and color of the A10s, don't have a flight jacket at the moment but maybe paring them with a field jacket. I think A10s would be warm enough for my needs.
    But willing to take other suggestions if you have something similar in mind, 40's -50's style gloves :)

7. Colin G

Colin G One Too Many

RMC run a bit tight. I have an 8.5 and should have gotten a 9. I am normally an 8 - 8.5 or medium in gloves.

Zeltbahn and hesalitedome like this.
  8. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Found mine today, and on inspection my ‘Large’ have a number ‘11’ label inside too

Zeltbahn likes this.
  9. Dumpster Diver

Dumpster Diver Practically Family

I've always wanted to try on an original real pair of these just once so I could compare to a repro glove, but can't justify the cost on these and wouldn't want to wear a pair of original ones as they're collectors items.

I've lost gloves once in awhile.

..I'm careful, but it happens...same with sunglasses, things get misplaced.

Mostly I'm wearing these buckskin ones, that are buttery yellow like the USN type navy gloves they look awesome and feel nice with a red fleece liner, $35 smackers! cheap, they were the last pair I'd swore they'd been marked for clearance for years, but they never got them back in so I'm happy.

I wear em with a chambray shirt and They go with that and some jeans.

I'd love to see some good photos of your A10 Gloves!

Zeltbahn and bn1966 like this.