Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a2 horsehide mcCoy jacket

kojax

Practically Family
i was in newyork one of the shops there had a bran new mcCoy horsehide the price 1;700 i thought alot of money for the jacket ecomy is not that good lol

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Can you please explain in more detail.

What you are essentially trying to put across and communicate here please? Because as it stands it's just a short statement, rather than a thread starter.;) Thanks.

kiltie

Practically Family
That's the price.
I've seen time and again, even with the "downturn", items that have collectible value don't decrease significantly, if at all. There will always be a market. You may see people letting these things go for a song to make a bill or whatever, but not new off the rack from the manufacturer.
The cost of the McCoy's jackets are the same ( and more ) on their websites. Depending on the jacket, buying it from a storefront may actually have been cheaper. And I'm no collector: in fact, I'm just looking for the one right A-2 for me, but all you have to do is look at something I do have an inkling about - the hat market. Nothing is exactly plummeting, price-wise, in the availability or relative cost of hats ( custom and on eBay for good vintage ).

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
kiltie said:
That's the price.
I've seen time and again, even with the "downturn", items that have collectible value don't decrease significantly, if at all. There will always be a market. You may see people letting these things go for a song to make a bill or whatever, but not new off the rack from the manufacturer.
The cost of the McCoy's jackets are the same ( and more ) on their websites. Depending on the jacket, buying it from a storefront may actually have been cheaper. And I'm no collector: in fact, I'm just looking for the one right A-2 for me, but all you have to do is look at something I do have an inkling about - the hat market. Nothing is exactly plummeting, price-wise, in the availability or relative cost of hats ( custom and on eBay for good vintage ).
I did a marketing project for a college class on the A-2 repop market. There is always a market/demand for repop A-2s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy