Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

abercrombie vintage chino pants

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Don't know - but I have had bad luck with buying modern "vintage style" pants on ebay. They often look good in piccies but in the flesh there are too many little things not right - as well as this tendency to an over-tapered leg. I don't waste my money any more - I wait till the right vintage ones turn up.

If you want chinos go for the US Army 1940s 1950s ones (not 60s, the cut changes and they start using poly blends). There are still an awful lot of the early 50s ones about. They are beautifully made, gorgeous fabric...and if you want colours, you can always dye them.

InspectorMorse

One of the Regulars
Abercrombie & Fitch USED to be a great store- pre-1990ish...they had a vintage look to lots of their items in really cool stores that looked like an English haberdashery---then they changed their target market and began to cater to young college age people....they did once indeed have some clothes that were classic and possessed vintage character...I wore lots of their stuff as it was classic....The Limited Group (Limited-Express- Victorias Secret) took them over and then spun them off as a separate company) then they adopted the grunge look en masse (and lost my business but picked up huge amounts of "young money" as they became trendy.) The pants you referenced look like they were from the post-grunge era but they still could be OK- just beware that they no longer are targeting really classic clothing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran