Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aces High Christmas offer!

Jonnyboy

New in Town
Hi guys,

I have a new batch of sheepskins arriving very soon, so will be working on the next jacket orders later this month and throughout January. The skins weren't due to arrive until early January, so it's nice not to be waiting for materials for a change!

I'm really pleased with how the first production jackets have turned out. They are exactly what I hoped to be able to make when I started this in 2009. It's taken a lot longer than I ever thought, but has all been worth it.

So, as it's the festive season, I'm offering 10% off to any forum members who place an order before Christmas. The first orders in the queue can expect to receive their jacket in January.

Cheers,

Jon

Frontcollar.jpg

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
I am expecting my pre-war type to land any day now. Will bring a review in the Irvin Repro thread - as promised.

Danska Jaevla you're back! :)

I also ordered a BoB model from Jon, unfortunately I don't live in Denmark anymore and here in the South it's pretty warm, so I think I'm goona use this Irvin for few days per year.

alsendk

A-List Customer
Good to see you here Again Søren, even if only briefly.
Jon`s Irvin jacket look fantastic .
Can`t wait to see Pictures of you, wearing yours.
Cuthbert...jävla danska is slightly more swedish than Danish, but anyway, I can assure you that the weather up here has definately become Irvin weather, with snow and minus degree temperatures day and night....do you miss this climate a Little ? :O)
I have been sporting my ALC Irvin for more than a week now, with only a T-shirt underneath, but are looking enviously at Jon`s Picture, I have to admit. This BoB model will be my favourite jacket, more than the multi panelled I guess.

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
I just received my Irvin from Jon. It's fantastic! The leather is first rate, very soft.

I will post some pics tomorrow.

Dave

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Cuthbert...jävla danska is slightly more swedish than Danish, but anyway, I can assure you that the weather up here has definately become Irvin weather, with snow and minus degree temperatures day and night....do you miss this climate a Little ? :O)

When I was a student I lived one year in Danmark and one year in Sweden, and for your countries I have nothing but respect...unfortunately I was never able to master the danish pronunciation while I had a little more luck with Swedish.

And yes, sometime I miss your weather. :)

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
OK as promised here is the new Irvin I just received from Jon at Aces High.

Here are some pics with with a very light zip up fleece sweater under:

FrontwithJumper_zpsed4d51a9.jpg

OpenwithJumper_zps10e6a71d.jpg

Here are some pics with just a shirt under:

FrontNoJumper_zpsfca9d524.jpg

OpenNoJumper_zps283c5d83.jpg

Here are some close ups:

Fleece_zps83b88cdc.jpg

SleeveZiped_zps75ea8dc8.jpg

SleeveOpen_zps1251d924.jpg

The leather is very soft and the jacket is very comfortable to wear.

I know the sleeves are long, but I actually like that.

I also like that the body length of the jacket covers my hips; more warmth.

Jon was fantastic to deal with very very patient.

I am no expert on these jackets, but from what I researched, I believe that once this jacket "breaks in" it will mold more to my body.

It is a size 42
Pit to Pit: is about 19" (could be 21") not sure how to measure this
Sleeve Length: 24"
Jacket Length: 26"

Dave

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Lovely looking jacket - particularly like the extra body length! Perfect for the winter. You'll need to post some pix once it's broken in a bit.

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Very, very beautiful!

Did you ask the "snug" fit or the loose?

I specified the loose fit. I told Jon that I wanted the jacket to be a bit on the loose side so that I could layer under it if I wanted to or not and it still wouldn't look sloppy. I definitely did not want a tight fit.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran