Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Action shots of you in your best leather...post 'em up!!!

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Yeah beautiful bike. I'm too lazy and not mechanically inclined enough to build my own. Below is my Hinkley cafe.

CIMG2579.jpg

DSCN2576.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah beautiful bike. I'm too lazy and not mechanically inclined enough to build my own. Below is my Hinkley cafe.

Great pics! And I dig guys who ride when it's cold. Btw, I got an electric vest from my wife a few years back for really cold rides, and I gotta tell you, as a lover of cold and bikes, this thing changed my life! It sounds girly, but it's so amazing how much more enjoyable a freezing ride can be!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Great pics! And I dig guys who ride when it's cold. Btw, I got an electric vest from my wife a few years back for really cold rides, and I gotta tell you, as a lover of cold and bikes, this thing changed my life! It sounds girly, but it's so amazing how much more enjoyable a freezing ride can be!

Having ridden over a thirty year period, I have learned the ups and downs of both electric vests and leather jackets.

Many years ago, I was riding an event called the Crotona Midnight Run. This event is run every year in lower upstate New York, starting at the Nathan's on Rt 100 in Westchester, first Saturday night in February. Most years it is durn cold.

One year, I wore, under my riding gear, an electric vest. Long story short, the power cord shorted on the first leg, and I had to finish out that leg, and then, of course, ride the second leg, and then another 60 miles home in the morning. I think it was during that layover that I discovered coffee, the hotter the better. I dont think I stopped shivering that whole day.

That was the day I swore off electrics. Shortly after that, I discovered cordura nylon and polar fleece and, when the temps are under 40F, havent looked back. Polar fleece is warm, and cordura is windproof. Together, theyre an unbeatable combination.

I love my leathers, but when its reeeally cold, its nylon and fleece for me. No electrics needed.

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Thanks for the comments.

I love my leathers, but when its reeeally cold, its nylon and fleece for me. No electrics needed.
Yeah when it gets real cold you'll find me in a cordura jacket too w/ the full liner and under armor cold gear under neath 1 or 2 cotton layers. I actually wear the Schott (good eye Bonneville) and my other leather moto jackets more off the bike than on. The textile stuff is usually more comfortable.

Also, don't get fooled by the bit of snow in one of the pics. I'm a fair weather rider despite what the photos might suggest. haha. Under 45 and it's home for me.

One of the Regulars
Yesterday (01-16-11) was an excellent day to exercise "The Passion" here in SoCal.
Hence I did a ride with few of my friends around the LA mountains.
A 300 miles loop with plenty of action.
The gear for the occasion:
Lost Worlds HH J23.
Johnson Leather HH jeans.
Bates Leathers custom boots.

cns.jpg

Enjoy it;)

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
After really breaking in my Aero "1930s" Half Belt, I really do think that it is my new, absolutely favorite, #1, jacket. The Horween horsehide is simply amazing and the jacket only gets better and better! Here the jacket is at about six months...I love it more than ever! I can't wait to see the jacket and be wearing it in six years! This is me gettin' ready to go out on the town last night...huge action...LOL...

Wade21.jpg

Last edited:

mrc

Familiar Face
After really breaking in my Aero "1930s" Half Belt, I really do think that it is my new, absolutely favorite, #1, jacket. The Horween horsehide is simply amazing and the jacket only gets better and better! Here the jacket is at about six months...I love it more than ever! I can't wait to see the jacket and be wearing it in six years! This is me gettin' ready to go out on the town last night...huge action...LOL...

Wade21.jpg

Great picture Wade! Great jacket too! You have to love Greenwood at night. I was at Olive You the other night and they've done a great job reopening it after the arson. Too bad about that whole Greenwood arsonist thing. That guy burnt down a lot of Greenwood businesses. I felt very sad for the businesses he hit, but I'm glad that he didn't get you guys.

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Great picture Wade! Great jacket too! You have to love Greenwood at night. I was at Olive You the other night and they've done a great job reopening it after the arson. Too bad about that whole Greenwood arsonist thing. That guy burnt down a lot of Greenwood businesses. I felt very sad for the businesses he hit, but I'm glad that he didn't get you guys.
I love your Jacket...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24