Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt hats - anyone ordered from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint-Just

One of the Regulars
Those passing judgement who aren't involved in a transaction with Steve are just being judgmental & should follow the silence is golden advice.

If people on forums followed that rule savings on bandwidth would be significant but it might be a bit quiet for many.

Also, unlike what you said, Steve himself was quoted as saying he refunded as much as he could to those who asked, but can't any more.

fmw

One Too Many
There is a lot of "funny" thinking being revealed by folks on this thread.
Steve has clearly paid refunds when asked, so the wait is a choice by the buyer.
Each buyer has determined what is acceptable to them relating to a personal purchase.
Those passing judgement who aren't involved in a transaction with Steve are just being judgmental & should follow the silence is golden advice.

Not so. The individual who has been waiting 3 years didn't get a refund and hasn't chosen to wait all that time for his product. Those are the facts around which I have made my argument. If someone has made that choice conscientionsly, let him join in on the support side of the argument. Those of us who think it is bad business are reacting to what was posted here.

The silence is golden advice, as you know, relates specifically to commenting about competitors. Only one person has failed to follow that advice.

I can assure you I've been beat up on internet forums (fora for you proofreaders) before and I don't like it either. But it is the nature of the internet beast. After 13 years in the e-commerce business, I've learned that most of your mistakes can become public.

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
If people on forums followed that rule savings on bandwidth would be significant but it might be a bit quiet for many.

Also, unlike what you said, Steve himself was quoted as saying he refunded as much as he could to those who asked, but can't any more.

As I said earlier, that advice dealt with posting about competitors. If everyone followed that advice, you wouldn't have a forum here. Everyone would be silent. ;)

.... At this point I obviously don't want my money back since I've invested so much time waiting and checking my doorstep every day for it to arrive, I just want it to actually arrive.

One good thing about the internet is most of the posts are still here to be checked. The OP has specifically stated he is waiting & nowhere have I found him stating he asked for & was refused a refund.
I read all the post made by the OP to verify that he has stated multiple times that he has chosen to wait for it. That the wait is longer than expected is a different matter but he still has not stated he wants his money back. Did he delete a post I didn't get to read?

The saying goes "what the market will bear...". If the market wants Steve's products, then the market will support Steve being in business & set the level of acceptable....

fmw

One Too Many
He didn't get an opportunity to decide whether or not he wanted to wait three years when he placed the order. The decision to wait three years was not his. The decision to continue waiting now is his choice. I made the point earlier about the man who waited 10 years for his flute. He knew that going in. 1bat4u didn't know that going in. We don't know what he would have done had he been presented with the facts when he placed the order and paid for it. Sorry, this is an example of bad business practice. You can spin it any way you like but you won't convince me it is good business practice. Nor am I willing to accept Steve as a victim. If I had my choice of ways to be victimized, being flooded with orders would be one of them.

Please understand, I think it is great that a hatter is overwhelmed with business. That in itself is great news for all of us, particularly the hatter. Like you, I want hatters to be very successful. The discussion point here is not how many orders the hatter receives or the popularity of his products. We are discussing how those orders were handled.

Nobody has stated or tried to convince you this is good business practice. You were the one assigning "unacceptable" when the customers seem to have been able to stop the waiting at anytime by asking for a refund. If the OP had stated he wanted to stop waiting & asked for a refund & could not get one then that is a different matter. The market sets "acceptable" & you aren't part of Steve's market. Penman is defending a colleague & friend & even he wasn't trying to convince you of anything, just stating facts.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Probably time to revist English 101

These would be "orders" that were placed in the effort to purchase an item ... not "orders" considered a declaratory statement.
Order, command, edict, whatever you call that nonsense you spat out in an effort to silence your fellow members.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This has run it's course

Fellow Loungers. I closed a post some time back on this topic (you can search for it), and this thread has now gone to 368 posts and opinions. Many from people who are not directly impacted by the Adventurebilt hat situation or Mr. Delk. This thread has now come down to people starting to "get personal", "offer legal advice", and even "pointing fingers at one another". Some of our usual side line posters have popped in periodically in this thread to make some rude comments, etc.

The bottom line, as when I closed the last thread on this subject,is for all those who ordered a hat and sent money, either take whatever legal or other steps you feel necessary, or just wait for your hat to be made.

I am going to close this thread, because nothing new is being added, there is no relief for anyone who may be left out. This is no longer informative; rather it has simply become a gripe session with some side line rock throwers.

I will not delete the thread, it will remain. Anyone unaware of this mess can become an informed consumer should you decide to order a hat from Adventurebilt. Or maybe you could contact Optimo, Art Fawcett, Pennman, or the MANY OTHER hatters you may know of. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner