Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

adventurebilt indy

analogist

One of the Regulars
AB INDY

I have one on order for well over one year and have not even had a hint of communication from Mr.Delk. It is difficult to understand why since I already have a few and thought I was a customer in good standing.

I also have an AB Deluxe from Marc Kitter and that took about two months.

As to whether the wait is worth it, it possibly is because Steve does make a really fine hat. As far as the lack of communication even though one has tried to contact him, that might be another story.

analogist

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I think Steve has just been totally swamped, what with making the hats for Indy 4 and then having to remake most of them AGAIN for all the stunt doubles who were replaced due to injury and then he had to make a bunch for Speilbergs friends as well. From what is said at Club Obi Wan he is trying hard to get caught up. I also have one on order and I know it'll take a while but I'm not worried about getting it, Steve is a stand up guy.

fedoralover

fatwoul

Practically Family
When I asked him in late July, Steve told me in an email that the wait time would be 6-8 months, so I ordered at the beginning of August, since I very much want mine in time for a trip I am taking next summer.

Analogist - your wait does have me a little concerned, since a wait of over a year would mean I would not have my AB in time. Is it possible that your wait has been longer is precisely because you are an existing customer of Steve's? Of course I can't speak for the guy, but maybe since he knows you already have some of his hats, and one of Marc's, he figured you'd be more willing to wait once he became snowed under with his additional workload.

Last I heard, Marc's waiting list was also up to 6 months. When did you get your AB Deluxe?

vintage68

Practically Family
Ordered a lid Dec. 19, 2006 and was told about three weeks ago I can expect it by the end of the year.

His schedule is slowly returning to normal now after doing Indy 4, but watch out after the movie comes out....

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
I ordered my AB late September 2006, and received it earlier this month. But with his work on IJ4, I knew that I would be pushed back a bit. He is working diligently to get his wait times down to something more reasonable, but at the price he is charging the list keeps getting longer and longer.

OBTW- well worth the wait!

RC

deelovely

Practically Family
rcinlv said:
The hat in my avatar is actually an AB Deluxe "Aviator" model. Marc found some vintage ribbon, and decided to make a Howard Hughes Hat... being from Las Vegas, I just couldn't pass it up.
And yes, I have to was my hands 17 times before I can pick it up! ;)
More photos here:
http://www.indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=24276
Cheers,
RC
Ooooooohhh, Aaaaaaahhh...that AB Deluxe "Aviator" looks awesome!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
rcinlv said:
The hat in my avatar is actually an AB Deluxe "Aviator" model. Marc found some vintage ribbon, and decided to make a Howard Hughes Hat... being from Las Vegas, I just couldn't pass it up.

And yes, I have to was my hands 17 times before I can pick it up! ;)

More photos here:

http://www.indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=24276

Cheers,

RC
Is it you or someone else that has the peters bros. indy straw? I can't find it on any search.[huh] I know someone has one that looks great was thinking it was you or maybe RBH.

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
Is it you or someone else that has the peters bros. indy straw? I can't find it on any search.[huh] I know someone has one that looks great was thinking it was you or maybe RBH.

RBH is the owner of an indy straw

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I can confirm with confidence that Steve's delays and wait times are indeed largely due to the Indy 4 project. Since he doesn't post over here anymore, his updates have mainly been over at COW. He has expressed his regrets at the delays, especially those that are getting on to a year now. But he is working hard to catch up.
Analogist, he just makes them as close to a first-come-first-serve basis as possible. Unless he has a specific sized block that's unoccupied... then an order might get a jump. If you are concerned, contact him by e-mail. He's been pretty good about responding within a few days.

Anyone interested in ordering from Steve, it's best to expect a long wait, but it should be well under a year at this point.

Bebop

Practically Family
To give everyone an idea of how much Steve's business has grown, in Sept. of 05' I ordered a hat from him and I recieved it Jan. 2nd, 06'. He told me that it was the longest time it had taken him to fill an order. I am sure that people that ordered way before that recieved their hats much quicker than that. It's bound to take more and more time to fill orders for hats now that the movie is on it's way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner