Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on choosing a vintage style or decade.

Anwen

New in Town
I love the 20s and first two 60s pics! I definitely agree with kamikat about hair colours, the stronger colours look great on you. I think the 20s pic is lovely and elegant, and the 60s pics look really fun, so I suppose it depends a bit on what you're going for :)

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
"My" Vote

Paul, I think that the folowing decades look grand!1920's,well put together! love the "Clara Bow" lips!;1950's (A & B); and then 1960's A. Rember that women in the world wen't all rail thin! G'Ma wore a girdle! she had an open bottom one which I think would be better for you since the "Plumbing" would get tangled in a "Panty" Girdle even with the "crouch panel".
I've been fighting with my 2 both supper hold firm gripper for most of the summer up till now! I'm not wearing it full time so I have to let it all hang out!but.......I've been losing wieght too since January.mostly Atkin's for a month then fruits/veggie platers for 2 weeks and the 1 vitamin a day of Fish Oil 1000mg.
I seems to be losing inches but the scale still screams "ONE AT A TIME,PAAAAALEASE!!!!!" the girth around my middle is what's killing me in those girdles!so...she buys a LONG LINE BRA! more elastic around the middle! I feel like my spare tire has re-treads! & RE-treads, & RETREADS! hahhalol anyway, you look fabulous dawwwling your on the right track!
Rita

Louise Anne

Suspended
it's really is very helpfull reading views thank you all very much!

Image15.jpg

I not sure if you ever seen me with modern fashion before, it show my present every day hair shade so to say.

To confuse thing even more on the right I am black and also blonde.
Black works for me with the 1920's look, I am not sure if it's me in the other periods!

And blonde again with another vintage 60's dress and bag, it's not a 60's hair style.
Image18-1.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
Paul, I really like the second picture's hair color on you the best. It seems to make your coloring pop. That could also be due to the lighting and the clothing color, I love that second suit on you. I also think the blonde on the end looks fab and very natural with your skin tone. Maybe I'll have to try that color...

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I am a 40's girl myself with a bit of the late 30's thrown in there too. But that being said I love you in the 20's, and that's saying a lot. I usually find the 20's to be unflattering but it looks very nice on you. I say go with the 20's and go with red hair. But then again i am partial to red hair.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Paul said:

And blonde again with another vintage 60's dress and bag, it's not a 60's hair style.
[IMG]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj127/inspirationfromvintage/Image18-1.jpg

Paul, I think the hair could go more 60's if you tease the part starting just behind the bang line to add some height to the back. My Aunt Mollie had a very similar do in the 60's with the bang and sides coming forward and the top and back more bouffant but it was a short style and none of the flip up. She even had a wig cut, frosted and styled the same way for her bad hair days.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Gosh, I hate to add to the broken record effect, but I have to vote for 20s as well, with 60s a close second. Now, fair enough, I'm a 20s, early 30s girl myself, but that look does suit you, especially with that charming cloche.
The 60s saucy look is sweet on you as well. And that hairstyle could fit the decade. It's not so far from Mia Farrow's, is it?

Louise Anne

Suspended
thank you , I thinking I put the 60's o the back burner fro a while until I undersatd how to adapt the style more, instead try to be like a flapper:D

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Paul said:

Image15.jpg

I not sure if you ever seen me with modern fashion before, it show my present every day hair shade so to say.

To confuse thing even more on the right I am black and also blonde.
Black works for me with the 1920's look, I am not sure if it's me in the other periods!

Paul I have to agree with the other girls 20's and 50's looks fabulous on you! I must say I think some of the 60's outfits looked great too. I especially love the black lace with black gloves in the 4th picture! I really like your hair dark brown, it looks lovely with your colouring but the blonde colour in the 4th pic looks attractive too. :)

Bitsy

New in Town
Hi Paul,

I also like the 20s look. The photo actually reminds me of photos I've seen of my great-aunts in that era. Like most women, they were not rail-thin. I think between the bob, the makeup and your pose/attitude, it's a fantastic overall look on you. I also like the black lace 60s dress--especially your hair. You look great with the lighter hair with more light/neutral makeup. In the contemporary suits, I just wanted to comment that you're very lucky that you can pull off both above-the-knee and below-the knee skirt lengths. I am very short and any anything below my knee makes me look like a hobbit ;)

Louise Anne

Suspended
Bitsy said:
Hi Paul,

I also like the 20s look. The photo actually reminds me of photos I've seen of my great-aunts in that era. Like most women, they were not rail-thin. I think between the bob, the makeup and your pose/attitude, it's a fantastic overall look on you. I also like the black lace 60s dress--especially your hair. You look great with the lighter hair with more light/neutral makeup. In the contemporary suits, I just wanted to comment that you're very lucky that you can pull off both above-the-knee and below-the knee skirt lengths. I am very short and any anything below my knee makes me look like a hobbit ;)

Thank you very much Bitsy for your nice comments.

zendy

A-List Customer
NO kidding! I want to come and run through your wardrobe with arms outstretched like a little girl through a poppy field.

Brooksie

One Too Many
Paul, I am agreement with most of the others here: I think first and foremost the 20's suits you very well with the 50's as a close second. I think you would look very nice with a warm chocolate brown fingerwaved wig with your 20's outfits IMHO.

Brooksie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran