Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice On Custom Aero Board Racer

tmack88

New in Town
Hello everyone,

I am working on getting an Aero custom board racer through Thurston Bros. I ordered leather samples, only in black as that is the color that I know I want. It is my understanding that the samples, while they are helpful will only tell me the texture and color, and not necessarily how they will look on the jacket. My question is this, what leather type should I get my jacket in? Here are a few things I'm looking for. I want a medium weight leather, as I do not plan on riding at all. I also live in the Pacific Northwest, so it rains a decent amount here. I've considered Vicenza but I have heard from some about water stains. Is this true? Other ones I'm considering are Goatskin but I'm worried that its softness may lead to droopiness in the collar. There are also other midweight leathers I'm considering. Anyway I'm rambling sorry, what black leathers would y'all recommend? And how has yours broken in and aged over time? Thank you!

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone,

I am working on getting an Aero custom board racer through Thurston Bros. I ordered leather samples, only in black as that is the color that I know I want. It is my understanding that the samples, while they are helpful will only tell me the texture and color, and not necessarily how they will look on the jacket. My question is this, what leather type should I get my jacket in? Here are a few things I'm looking for. I want a medium weight leather, as I do not plan on riding at all. I also live in the Pacific Northwest, so it rains a decent amount here. I've considered Vicenza but I have heard from some about water stains. Is this true? Other ones I'm considering are Goatskin but I'm worried that its softness may lead to droopiness in the collar. There are also other midweight leathers I'm considering. Anyway I'm rambling sorry, what black leathers would y'all recommend? And how has yours broken in and aged over time? Thank you!

Can you pay a visit to Thurston Bros in person???

i am currently waiting on a Aero Seven in Vicenza. When I received samples of mid weight leathers, Carrie sent me Vicenza, Badalassi and the new Bainbridge. I did a water drop test myself.

Vicenza absorbed the droplet within 30 seconds. Bainbridge did much better but the Badalassi was the winner on resisting water.

tmack88

New in Town
Can you pay a visit to Thurston Bros in person???

i am currently waiting on a Aero Seven in Vicenza. When I received samples of mid weight leathers, Carrie sent me Vicenza, Badalassi and the new Bainbridge. I did a water drop test myself.

Vicenza absorbed the droplet within 30 seconds. Bainbridge did much better but the Badalassi was the winner on resisting water.
Hi, I asked them if I could do an in person fitting but they said due to restrictions that it was not possible. I assumed it was the same for in person visiting but am not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB