Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on which colour hat.

shaunydub

New in Town
Hi,

I am going to a wedding and will be wearing beige chinos with a navy blazer and I would really like to top it off with a hat but I am totally confused about which colour to use.
Any tips appreciated

Thanks

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I will third that if it is a summer wedding....

If choosing felt, you can also take into consideration the shirt and tie colors to help blend with what you select as your hat of choice.....

There are many colors in the tan to brown area.. Check out some hatters felt colors in that range.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beige, to me, negates a gray hat. I'd go with an earth tone. Tan might be too close to beige. I'd go with a brown.

Hi Scotty, will the pants and hat be far enough apart that this isn't a problem? I do it, but I'm not exactly fashionable. [huh]

Later

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Hi Scotty, will the pants and hat be far enough apart that this isn't a problem? I do it, but I'm not exactly fashionable. [huh]

Later

A lot also depends on the actual beige you will be wearing. I feel its better to be further apart in like-colors than too close but not exact.

I love brown, but any of the brown or green suggestions should be in the ballpark. Take yourself, in your beige trousers, to a hat shop, if you have one somewhat near you, and match up a hat. If you don't have a local hat shop, pictures on the computer screen may have to do, but be aware that computer picture color is not always accurate.

TomS

One Too Many
A felt might be too hot. I'd try a Milan or a Montecristi. there are hatters here who could fit you with something very nice and within your budget.
Best,
Tom

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Summer attire? The traditional hats are a straw boater, or a palm Panama. Personally, I'd pick the Panama.

Or if you want a felt hat, then I'd suggest brown. In my experience, brown goes with damn near anything.

shaunydub

New in Town
Thanks for all the advice so far...

Just to give more info I am wearing navy suede loafers, light beige pants, navy blazer, light pink shirt and bluey tie.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo