Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aerial Star A-2 size 38 tall pics (a lot) & review

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
I'm just about to pull the trigger on an A-2 with Slash Pockets (model 7303) in 44 tall.

Hi Lads, sorry to play the resurrectioniston this thread but I'm wondering if Dagenham Dave went with this jacket as it's pretty much exactly what I'm on the point of ordering? If so, is there any chance of a photo or two. There are heaps of photos on the Aerial Star site but none with the jacket being worn by a human.

Regards

GP

nick123

I'll Lock Up
image.jpg
Side-entry pocket Version.

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Thats a fine looking jacket Nick. Is the colour in the photo a good representation of its true colour? The one I am on the point of ordering is the one without the patch(?) pockets and exterior wind flap. How are you finding the brak in process?

GP

Justhandguns

Practically Family
It's beautiful! The slender look of a longer A-2 really fits you well. I also like the neatness of the Aerial Star jacket when compared to the large majority of other contracts and makes. The leather is also very uniform and even, simple stunning.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thats a fine looking jacket Nick. Is the colour in the photo a good representation of its true colour? The one I am on the point of ordering is the one without the patch(?) pockets and exterior wind flap. How are you finding the brak in process?

GP

No, not accurate at all...lol I think I turned the HD feature on with the photo (taken by iphone). It's a fair bit lighter than the photo suggests. This hide's color seems to be very affected by light, and it will look different depending on the lighting.

Haven't worn it too much, so no comment on the break in...it feels about the same as new, however the sleeve knits have stretched a bit and are now comfortable. I had it up for sale a while ago. I'm finally getting around to it.

The AS site, last time I checked, seemed to be pretty inactive. I don't know if he's still going. :(

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Hi Lads, sorry to play the resurrectioniston this thread but I'm wondering if Dagenham Dave went with this jacket as it's pretty much exactly what I'm on the point of ordering? If so, is there any chance of a photo or two. There are heaps of photos on the Aerial Star site but none with the jacket being worn by a human.

Regards

GP
Hi Lord Flashheart,

I decided to go with the Aero "Happy Days" jacket and am very happy with my choice:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/calling-on-all-aero-happy-days-jacket-owners.80001/page-15

Cheers,
Dave

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm glad those guys are still going. I was waiting with great excitement after they announced they would be offering MC jackets. Sadly, it doesn't look it will happen. I like the look of the jackets, and for someone like me who isn't looking for a specific contract, or historical accuracy they represent great value. Congrats and enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm