Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930`s halfbelt in midweight oilpull horsehide.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Im sorry Smithy but that is never gonna happen. :) Ill take it to my grave.

Can't say I really blame you Griff, it's a cracking jacket.

Ever since seeing Jan and then yours I've had a hankering for one of those. Sadly it might be a bit tough now that Aero have stopped doing major customisation.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Hi, Griff. Very nice jacket. We're almost the same height-- just curious... is this a custom back length? I don't own a half-belt yet, but I assumed guys our height wore them longer in the back? Perhaps there's no hard and fast rule, I'm picking this up as I go...

The halfbelts are very short in the back. There have been alot of 1930´s jackets on Aeros sales page that have had even down to 22.5" back length.

At that time Aero told me the standard length for a size 40 is 24"
I asked them to make it 25" but it came in at 24.5"

It is a little short for me. Not so it looks wierd, but all my shirts are sooo long and I hate to tuck so yeah one has to understand that you need to either not care if something sticks out, or match carefully with higher waist trousers and shorters tops, or tuck them in.

sshack

A-List Customer
The halfbelts are very short in the back. There have been alot of 1930´s jackets on Aeros sales page that have had even down to 22.5" back length.

At that time Aero told me the standard length for a size 40 is 24"
I asked them to make it 25" but it came in at 24.5"

It is a little short for me. Not so it looks wierd, but all my shirts are sooo long and I hate to tuck so yeah one has to understand that you need to either not care if something sticks out, or match carefully with higher waist trousers and shorters tops, or tuck them in.

Thanks! I think even if the length were longer, you would still have the "tucking" issue. I have it with my Highwayman which is about 25.5" long in the back. Sometimes, you just have to tuck, lol.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah, and I also say that in the text in the first post.

It is the 1930 halfbelt pattern, only without the halfbelt so there is no other description to clearly understand what jacket pattern is used, since its all like the 1930 HB except for the lack of a halfbelt.

Reason is, I think the back is cluttered with both the yoke and halfbelt on sucha short jacket and it makes it almost look like a raincoat. Alot cleaner now :)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
This went in the mail to a forum member today.

I already miss it...man why cant there be weather for jackets like this. No more of this hide either so truly one of a kind.

But......use it or loose it...Im putting the money into something with sheepskin that is actually needed here in minus 25c (thats -13F my red/white/blue friends)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Get a Swedish M1909 sheepskin parka, Griff. They are awesome and perfect for your winters.

Alex_Russ

Vendor
Hi, Griff
Can you send good quality photos (collar, elbows, shoulders, cuffs) to my e-mail ?

Last edited:

WhiteBeard

New in Town
Great looking jacket, happy you got it sold!

I was wondering what the name of the liner is? It fits very well with the color of the jacket.

I've been looking through Lochcarrons site, but haven't been able to find the pattern you used.

Greetings from Sweden,
Nat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran