Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930's HB and Premier Highwayman

nick123

I'll Lock Up
A bit off topic but I have always been drawn to the various Scottish tartan styles. I have several clothing items in this style (ties, scarves, jacket linings) but I feel somewhat like a "poseur".

I wonder if there were any Italian or Sicilian clans? :)

Gambino Lightweight :D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Looks great, I take it that's brown FQHH? Wear the absolute (pardon my French) sh!t out of it and it'll look all the better for it. Seriously, these hides love tough love, throw it on the floor in a heap, sleep in it, sit on it, use it when you're doing manual labour round the house, etc, etc, the more you use and abuse it, the better they look and develop patina and wear in.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Looks great, I take it that's brown FQHH? Wear the absolute (pardon my French) sh!t out of it and it'll look all the better for it. Seriously, these hides love tough love, throw it on the floor in a heap, sleep in it, sit on it, use it when you're doing manual labour round the house, etc, etc, the more you use and abuse it, the better they look and develop patina and wear in.

hey Smithy, thanks! Yep, this is indeed a brown FQHH. And yep, this how I broke in my FQHH Mariner, by wearing it in the house every single evening - my gf being away for a couple of months back then helped!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Awesome jacket and fit! You went with the perfect size IMO.

Say, I'm also located in the Netherlands; if you ever feel the need to get rid of the size 38 618HH, please think of me first :)

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Awesome jacket and fit! You went with the perfect size IMO.

Say, I'm also located in the Netherlands; if you ever feel the need to get rid of the size 38 618HH, please think of me first :)

Hoi Mendelboaz! Well, although my 618HH is really tight in the belly (= does not zip up if I put on anything thicker than a shirt) still I find the creases in the sleeves and the grain in the collar absolutely fantastic! I will try to put some photo's in the near future.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I'd greatly appreciate that :) maybe a few pics will push me over the edge to pull the trigger on a 618HH myself.
I'll try to do it in the following days Mendelboaz, keep an eye on this thread. I hope the pictures will do justice to the creasing!

Edward

Bartender
Lovely jacket. not a model we've seen so much of in these parts following the raft of new designs Ken unleashed from 2012, but absolutely still a classic - this is a rreally nice iteration. I think the simple lines on this design are ideal for showing off how that lovely hide breaks in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy