Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO 21996 SIZE 44 FROM 528TH BS

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have had this Aero for a few months now. It's the first Aero from this contract that I have owned in totally original condition, with no replaced parts or issues. The lining and knits are in remarkable condition. The dark seal top coating is almost all in tact, with some areas of red evident. The 528th Bomb Squadron, was part of the 380th Bomb Group, 5th AAF and known as the "King of the Heavies" , flying B-24's. I know the jacket was worn by a lieutenant, but nothing more about him.

001-47.jpg

002-55.jpg

013-57.jpg

020-30.jpg

006-56.jpg

008-58.jpg

010-58.jpg

011-53.jpg

Windsock

A-List Customer
Where'd you get that from Andrew- you'd know I have a thing for the 380th, and that's Bill Shek's Dad's Squadron. Make sure you post it over on VLJ as he'll have some useful info for you about the group. He's also one of the few guys (our vintage) who's actually been to Fenton, the remote base they operated from.

I also have a 44 21996, very similar but without the "Herky" patch. You lucky bugger.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andrew it was a very reasonable BIN on Ebay last year. The seller was a dealer I believe. Yes it is posted on VLJ. I know it was a lucky find. Bill has already commented on it over there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn