Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 50´s vs 30´s Halfbelt?

Sure...
This jacket that Aero made for Levi is very much like the '30s style HalfBelt..with a collar similar to the BootLegger. However..the collar is shaped differently..and smaller than the Bootlegger collar. It came standard with the straight yoke. It is lined with a silky satin type material that I like quite well. Easy on..easy off. It also has a different buckle(black) on the side straps that works quite well. This pattern was made by Aero for Levi..only for a short while. However...I'm sure Aero would still have this pattern in their files. These jackets only came in small...medium..and large...(and,maybe,extra large)..but did run a size smaller than normal. It does seem to have more of a exaggerated slant to the waist(back to front)than the normal '30s HB.
Of course you could have this style of jacket custom made to your specific size..lined with what you prefer...with a little added length as well.
IMO..it is a nice stylish jacket..especially in the Vintage black HH.
HD

lazywhitedog

New in Town
I've got a Deluxe in size 42 . Antique brown steerhide with tweed . I'm a 5-10 ,180 lb. farmer and can just squeak a T underneath .Beware if you've got Popeye arms , might be a whe' restrictive. I should really find it a new home and get a 44.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred