Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-2 Anniversary Model sold

Rmille6161

New in Town
Hi All, While in afghanistan was very lucky for 7 months till one night just did not jump quick enough and caught parts of a motar in the leg. So while home about 2 months ago I had to sell My only worn twice A-2 in HH seal brown with dark berry knits in a 52R. Man I loved that coat but the bills caught up. Sold on ebay pretty quick. Now getting back on both feet :) and am wanting to replace the jacket with the same. For the money, around 600 dollars, is the eastman really any better for more money? I waited 4 months for the other one but since I was deployed it was no big deal, I think the waits now are 3 months. Are eastman times any different? Thanks for any input, I have found and Love this forum

Hi All, While in afghanistan was very lucky for 7 months till one night just did not jump quick enough and caught parts of a motar in the leg. So while home about 2 months ago I had to sell My only worn twice A-2 in HH seal brown with dark berry knits in a 52R. Man I loved that coat but the bills caught up. Sold on ebay pretty quick. Now getting back on both feet :) and am wanting to replace the jacket with the same. For the money, around 600 dollars, is the eastman really any better for more money? I waited 4 months for the other one but since I was deployed it was no big deal, I think the waits now are 3 months. Are eastman times any different? Thanks for any input, I have found and Love this forum

Man, I am sorry to hear of your injury, but first and foremost: THANK YOU for your service to our country!

Now, I was as bummed as you were because I was the guy emailing you about size. When I got to Starbucks - where I was going to login and buy it, it was gone! You sold it fast because it was an insane deal! I wanted that one badly.

That said, we both are sad, so let's move on! There are so many choices, and you'll see the recent threads here on two new A2's from Good Wear. Amazing! But ELC, GIbson & Barnes, Aero, LW are all some of the great makers. To go from that beautiful Aero to something less might be hard to do. Others with more first-hand knowledge might be able to offer A2 opinions on the ELC brand. Good to see you here. And welcome home!

Rmille6161

New in Town
Yea I really hated to get rid of it, but time goes on. On this forum I have looked at the good wear and must say they may look better than the aero, but at 900+ dollars its out of my range. Don't know anything about the Lost worlds and don't see much on line about them. Friend has a G&B in goat nice jacket but I have a USW in russet goat that I kept so want to go back with a HH. It's between a eastman or aero I guess. I want to order something in the next 2 weeks as money free's up. The aero was a tad heavy but have only seen one eastman in a childs size 38 :) Nice jacket leather was light but it was a little jacket :) Has anyone gotten a aero HH A2 in the last month or two? Thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart