Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A2 in Russet Goatskin

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
There are a number of manufacturers that will make custom leather cuffs and waist band, if that is what you desire.

I find the A2 Jacket beautiful, but if I replace the knit I will lose the jacket identity.

...or an Indiana Jones version, which is basically an A2 without the knit cuffs and waist! :D

I already have one, a Tony Nowak Raiders, it's my go to jacket during warmer days.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Beautiful jacket and an excellent fit! Congrats, my friend! Welcome to the Lounge.

Nice boots and jeans as well, I do hope they're selvedge denims?

Edward

Bartender
Tht's exactly how I use my Wested Raiders. I went for thed goat; almost as light as lamb but not as fragile; perfect for warm days, with no knits to trap in heat. The only thing I'd change (but it's notg economic) is the sleeve lining. It's a satin. I'd much prefer a cotton like the body lining, as satin gets sweaty fast.

Stand By

One Too Many
Score! It's always a roll of the dice when buying off eBay, but you scored brilliantly. Well done!
A perfect fit, great colour and it suits you, Sir! You wear it well.
Thanks for posting!

Barman

Familiar Face
Ok, here is my Cooper A2 which I've owned for years (15 years maybe?), it has served me well and it's a jacket I can trust in any weather.
I wouldn't mind going on an adventure with it and I believe that for a budget A2, you can't go wrong with these.
Not a repro and definitely not finished like an Aero! But you still get a nice American-made, tough & durable goatskin leather jacket for little money.

This Cooper is size 44R, whereas the Aero is size 46.

P1040903_zpserlxhlve.jpg

P1040904_zpsn1778qd1.jpg

P1040905_zpswtql0oza.jpg

P1040907_zps0u3rkbzf.jpg

Attachments

• P1040903_zpsnr9jzzwt.jpg
    P1040903_zpsnr9jzzwt.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
I like the Cooper A-2. Nice jacket! And it has worn well over the years.

I agree. To say it's put in all those years of service and still looks well, I'd say it doesn't owe you anything!

To me, I often think of what a jacket needs to finish it off - a name tag, original patches, nose/pin-up/jacket art etc - and purely IMHO, I'd be thinking of adding something to the Cooper. Being dark, it looks a bit plain to my eye (I felt the same about my first seal brown A2 too - and did something about it and added my first jacket art).
But I think the Aero looks sharper on you and the colour's great and I just wouldn't do anything to it. It looks great as it is and lacks nothing - and that says it all to me. It's a very good upgrade and a worthy successor if you ask me.

Last edited:

Barman

Familiar Face
I agree. To say it's put in all those years of service and still looks well, I'd say it doesn't owe you anything!

To me, I often think of what a jacket needs to finish it off - a name tag, original patches, jacket art etc - and purely IMHO, I'd be thinking of adding something to the Cooper. Being dark, it looks a bit plain to my eye (I felt the same about my first seal brown A2 too - and did something about it and added my first jacket art).
But I think the Aero looks sharper on you and the colour's great and I just wouldn't do anything to it. It looks great as it is and lacks nothing - and that says it all to me. It's a very good upgrade and a worthy successor if you ask me.

Yeah, I've been thinking about adding Nose Art on the back of the Cooper, but it is really expensive. At the end of the day, I'd rather spend the dough on new clothing than hiring a painter. That A2 is well worn too, scuffing in lots of places, although it doesn't show in the pic that much. I've been babying it with leather conditionners.
Thanks for your compliments about my new jacket. :)

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
It's not expensive if you can do it yourself … and you don't have to go the whole hog with a challenging pin-up girl - just lettering in a 1940s font would do it and that's not too difficult. Something to think about.

And you're most welcome! I just wish my first A2 (that I wore for 18 years) looked like your Aero !

PS. Hmmm.
Thinking more about this last comment of mine, I suddenly realize that it's probably just as well that I didn't have my first A2 looking as nice as yours - otherwise I'd never have felt that my then-A2 lacked something and I would never have felt the need to add nose art to it and have ever taken the chance to try it for myself and possibly ruin it - and then shocked myself in discovering that I actually had the ability do it - and would never have added it to my other jackets! I'd never have done it with a nice A2 like your Aero ...
So no, it's better that I had what I had … you see? It all worked out in the end. And suddenly now, after all these years, I have no regrets at all on that first A2 of mine! It served me well - and its purpose. Wow. Thanks!
Wear your A2 in good health, mon ami.

Last edited:

Barman

Familiar Face
If I had the skills to do it, I would on the Cooper. But as it is, I just know it would be a disaster. :)
The Aero is perfect the way it is, I agree.
I'd be happy to see a picture of your customized A2 if you still have it!

Stand By

One Too Many
I'd be happy to see a picture of your customized A2 if you still have it!

Do I still have my old A2 ? Well, bits of it, yes.
A piece of sleeve and the back panel! The sleeves I kept to paint a leather patch with. The back panel was mounted in an Italian frame and hangs in my bathroom over my toilet!

A2Remains.JPG StandBy1.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24