Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aero b-15

omar

New in Town
I'm new here and as much as a I would like to participate; my thread in outerwear got no response, so I'll try once more in this forum; I've got a nice Aero leather b-15, clean good cuffs and waistband with fraying above the cuffs and with the zipper coming loose in such a way that it can't be sewn back in, and yup, it's a Conmar, what should I do? Just hang on to it, or restore it to a useable condition? I've seen the field repairs done to the sleeves, and while not the most aesthethicly pleasing, it would be functional and historically accurate. I could put in a new zipper and put the Conmar tang back on. I would wear it if it worked, but otherwise, maybe I should just dump it on ebay. To tell the trueth, i was kind of excited to get in to this place, everyone seemed pretty reved up about the stuff I'm into, but so far I'm kind of talking to myself! How about some advice, or otherwise I'll go back to the goons on ebay!!

Rufus

Practically Family
Hello Omar,

Sorry to hear you were being ignored..So, a belated Welcome to you!

There are Companies that can repair your jacket..Replacing both/either the cuffs and zip.

Aero (and Eastman I believe) Leather undertake repairs to originals. I've used Aero Leather in Scotland, and they're very easy to deal with and do a good job The US dollar is strong right now to, which works in your favour.

If it's a jacket you'd like to wear, it must be worth undertaking GOOD repairs.

I hope you have some success with this, and I'd love to see some pics.

B15s are much under appreciated. I've got a B10 (fairly similiar) and love wearing it, very functional.

:) Rufus

ethanedwards

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the forum Omar. Quite a few loungers also post on this forum -

http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/

and if you get no bites here, there may be someone there who might be able to help you with your B-15.

Photos always go down well too, if you are able to upload them. Good luck with the repair though.

Eyemo

Practically Family
Welcome Omar,
I have a B10 original that I wouldn't wear because it's too delicate in condition..But it will one day end up in a display case with other USAAF items...A great way to enjoy jackets without doing much to them..:)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome Omar..!!

OuterWear is the right place for getting a response (hence it's now in here;) ).

Have a Duke at the TOP of the WWII room, under the titles of REFERENCE LIBRARY, there are a number of links and sub titles for those wanting to repair flight jackets.
The boys are probably still coming out of their Christmas Hibernation state with their pal Jack Daniels, but let them defrost and I'm sure the help and advice will come rolling in ;)

Good to see a new member to TFL Omar and someone with a love for the vintage flight jacket , ENJOY IT :eusa_clap

omar

New in Town
Hey thanks guys! Hard to be the new kid at school when no one talks to you! I almost hate to mention this, but I can sew, and have done quite a few cuffs and waistbands. My current jacket project is putting a standard leather collar on a shot g-1 to make basically a g-2. Iv'e only messed around with jackets that could be written off if I screwed up; hence the question about the B-15; I know just because of the Aero Leather label it has some value, but is it rare enough to not even consider monkeying with it? You guys are going to be sorry I showed up; we need to discuss my A-2's next, and I also paint nose art on Jackets Seeya

Rufus

Practically Family
Heya Omar, You should be able to find a vintage zip on ebay (a conmar or talon), and with your sewing skills (kudos for that!) make you jacket wearable.

I've seen cuff sets for sale on Ebay too, and I'm sure Aero would sell them too. (Although some fanatics have issues with Aero's cuff colours)

Look forward to seeing some pictures, and seeing more posts from you!

:) Ruf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot