Aero back length measurements?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dark wood, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Edward

Edward Bartender

Well, now there's another wrinkle: different patterns may have differences in cut that mean they sit differently on different folks, so that could also account for differing measurements looking the same on one person?

dark wood and Jin431 like this.
  2. Edward

Edward Bartender

This takes us back full circle, of course, to vintage style jackets being designed in the days when nobody wore their shirt hanging out...

Jin431 likes this.
  3. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

That’s why I ordered my HWM with slightly extended back length.

Long T-Shirts still hang out a bit.

[​IMG]

Pullovers in XXL at standard length don’t.

[​IMG]

Cheers

Turnip

El Marro and Torstein like this.
  4. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One of the Regulars

funny enough, I went through this last night with Carrie. Got a new stock jacket and felt a tad small. First thing I did was measure and I was coming up .25 to .5 short on the ptp and shoulder of what they said. She quickly replied and said they basically pull the leather tight and measure. So it makes sense and probably will be the eventual measurement once you get some natural break in.

But I agree, knowing what I know now, I'd probably add another .5 inch to the back length if I were to ever do a custom fit.

Turnip and dark wood like this.
  5. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

I didn’t buy online but through a retailer, testing several widths, back lengths and sleeve lengths, linings...prior to ordering.

Lead time is the same anyway, custom built or serial, if the serial jacket isn’t in stock.

Cheers

Turnip

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  6. marker2037

marker2037 One of the Regulars

That's pretty bad of them to just brush you off like that. I would try to reach someone who has some actual responsibility over there. You can also post or send something to their Instagram or Facebook page to try to get someone else involved. I doubt they want to pay with a negative review on their page just for the cost of shipping.

Psant25 likes this.
  7. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Practically Family

Wasn't worth the trouble. It was a jacket from their sales pages. I got refunded. Only had the pay for postage back and forth.

8. Jwag

Jwag Familiar Face

If I remember correctly I requested a 24" back on my slim halfbelt. It measures 23.25" which actually is probably better than a true 24". My sleeves however measure exactly what I requested at 24.5"