Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Badalassi Leather - Black

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Both look like great fits, and yes, both hides look VERY similar. Hopefully that is a good thing, and you are pleased!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Aero Badalassi and Simmons Bilt Italian Veg Tan Steerhide side by side

Whilst both are squeaky, the SB is on another level - that squeaks even when i'm not moving.

Both leathers feel solid and similiar pliability.

Both have shiny patinas straight out of the box.

I am convinced that they're the same type of leather.

View attachment 466735
SB left - Aero right
View attachment 466736
Aero right - SB left
Nice pickup. Badalassi has real nice finish.

I like the custom top of sleeve zip on the Aero. Nice touch. The Tailgunner isn't too shabby either.

BraslinMclaslin

Familiar Face
Tail gunner is a nice slim pattern, you wear it well. So well you convinced me to get one, and another Aero. Why did I see this thread today. It is black friday week so there is that.
Can't go wrong with the tailgunner, SB do make quality jackets.

The floodgates are now open, I'm thinking of getting another Aero; the chestnut/tobacco Badalassi is calling my name.....

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Over the moon - finally nailed a custom order after too many failed attempts.

The leather is incredible, I'm now looking to get another jacket in the chestnut or tobacco Badalassi.
Nice! I have jackets in both black and tobacco Badi. I’ve never seen the chestnut in person, but the tobacco is very nice.

BraslinMclaslin

Familiar Face
Nice! I have jackets in both black and tobacco Badi. I’ve never seen the chestnut in person, but the tobacco is very nice.
Do you have any pics of your tobacco badalassi?

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 12.54.50.png

The chestnut badalassi looks almost like a deep wine red in this photo.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Our first sample batch of Chestnut Badalassi did not come through as dark as we expected / had wanted. It was nice but too similar to Tobacco in terms of darkness, we wanted something darker and less red than Tobacco. That first batch was used to make approx 10 jackets.
We have received our second batch of Chestnut which is far better and what we were looking for and this is what it will be like going forward. see pic .

So in terms of order of shade / darkness we have Chestnut, Tobacco and Russet .........(and of course Black )
badalassichestnut2000.jpg

Last edited:

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
What boots are you wearing btw?
Probably not the most fashionable boots, but extremely comfy. Danner Mountain Pass in gunmetal. Very lightweight boots suitable for wearing all day everyday. I have a spring/fall pair(these), and a winter pair in black with insulation. If you are into hiking boots, I highly recommend this particular model.

BraslinMclaslin

Familiar Face
Probably not the most fashionable boots, but extremely comfy. Danner Mountain Pass in gunmetal. Very lightweight boots suitable for wearing all day everyday. I have a spring/fall pair(these), and a winter pair in black with insulation. If you are into hiking boots, I highly recommend this particular model.

They remind me of a pair of redwings i had back in the day. Could walk miles and not feel it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21