Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero black jerky horsehide

zebedee

One Too Many
Ah I can imagine that will look the business. Does it form nice rolls and creases on the sleeves?

I'm thinking of a wayfarer or plainsman (or maybe Type iii lol) in black jerky, but I do need me some sleeve rolls in a jacket. I miss that from my CXL HB. I don't see any examples or jerky doing that really.

If I'm paying for the mark up I might go straight for badalassi over vic. Sorry to drag you into my obsessing haha.

Glad you're enjoying your plainsman!
Go for the Badalassi, but it'll squeak. Vicenza rolls nicely.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Here's what sleeve creases look like on a type 3 in jerky.

IMG-3172.jpg
IMG-3173.jpg

Furrowson

One of the Regulars
Here's what sleeve creases look like on a type 3 in jerky.

View attachment 603926 View attachment 603927
That really does make a very pretty picture. There's still very little of the base showing through which i like actually.

I agree with you @MrProper .

I think it's either a plainsman/wayfarer in badassalassi or a type iii in jerky. That is a big price difference between the options but I think I might just wear something with the extra length a lot more. I really like the rolls and creases on vic but it looks a bit flat in black. Badalassi had that trasnlucent depth i loved in brown CXL.

I don't love the squeak but I live with it in my other leathers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana