Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero board racer fit pics

RedWolf

New in Town
Recieved my board racer fit jacket from Thurston Bros today. I am looking for feedback on this fit. This is a size 40.

I believe I need 1" to 1-1/4" added to the sleeve length based on the sleeve length of my other cafe racers.

I also ride so I will likely want gussets added. And I'm still deciding on the back style.

I am also looking for input between the Blackened Brown Vicenza and the black cxl FQHH horsehide. I would like the jacket to break in at somepoint with with some brown showing through after some wear. I also prefer a more matte finish not shiney.

Attachments

• 20220301_181649_001.jpg
    20220301_181649_001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 522
  • 20220301_181653.jpg
    20220301_181653.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 522
  • 20220301_181748.jpg
    20220301_181748.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 449
  • 20220301_181407.jpg
    20220301_181407.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 429

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I don't ride, but if I did, I'd prefer CXL to Vicenza. CXL is beefier and I think would take more beating. Vicenza isn't a slouch though, but thinner, and I'd probably give the rain resistance edge etc. to CXL as well.

Fit looks great. Little longer on sleeves like you said. If you do go CXL though, you might need to add a half inch here and there on shoulders, ptp, etc. Vicenza fits completely different. I can pretty much size down in Vic vs. CXL.

If you end up adding gussets, that might give you that wiggle room as well, but I don't think I've seen a board racer with gussets. Seems like that would be more Cafe Racer style, but I guess if you like the more straight line fit vs V shape, it makes sense.

Nice looking jacket.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
What do you ride? Riding position has a lot to do with how it needs to fit. Consider the different posture in a hd road king, a triumph bonneville, and a gsxr. For bikes with an upright riding position i find lack of a two way zipper problematic. Maybe opt for it to start higher on the jacket if this applies.

RedWolf

New in Town
What do you ride? Riding position has a lot to do with how it needs to fit. Consider the different posture in a hd road king, a triumph bonneville, and a gsxr. For bikes with an upright riding position i find lack of a two way zipper problematic. Maybe opt for it to start higher on the jacket if this applies.
I have a Harley with drag bars so more arms forward and low.

RedWolf

New in Town
I don't ride, but if I did, I'd prefer CXL to Vicenza. CXL is beefier and I think would take more beating. Vicenza isn't a slouch though, but thinner, and I'd probably give the rain resistance edge etc. to CXL as well.

Fit looks great. Little longer on sleeves like you said. If you do go CXL though, you might need to add a half inch here and there on shoulders, ptp, etc. Vicenza fits completely different. I can pretty much size down in Vic vs. CXL.

If you end up adding gussets, that might give you that wiggle room as well, but I don't think I've seen a board racer with gussets. Seems like that would be more Cafe Racer style, but I guess if you like the more straight line fit vs V shape, it makes sense.

Nice looking jacket.

Anyone have a pic of a board racer with gussets?

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Do you wear gloves? Personally, CR style jackets are the most dynamic leathers to wear on a bike. I own HD RK, Ducati rocket crotch, BMW dual sports and big moped types. CR types work well in with all of them. That is why HD and most makers always have a CR in their clothing line-up. CR truly shine in the used market. Real gems to find.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Recieved my board racer fit jacket from Thurston Bros today. I am looking for feedback on this fit. This is a size 40.

I believe I need 1" to 1-1/4" added to the sleeve length based on the sleeve length of my other cafe racers.

I also ride so I will likely want gussets added. And I'm still deciding on the back style.

I am also looking for input between the Blackened Brown Vicenza and the black cxl FQHH horsehide. I would like the jacket to break in at somepoint with with some brown showing through after some wear. I also prefer a more matte finish not shiney.
It looks really good.
I'm really jealous when I see how other OTR jackets fit.
I would keep it as it is.
But for motorcycling CXL will certainly be the better choice. But not the more comfortable.
I would reconsider the gussets. Visually they make the back much more bulky, but not better. Especially with CXL can be violent.

RedWolf

New in Town
Do you wear gloves? Personally, CR style jackets are the most dynamic leathers to wear on a bike. I own HD RK, Ducati rocket crotch, BMW dual sports and big moped types. CR types work well in with all of them. That is why HD and most makers always have a CR in their clothing line-up. CR truly shine in the used market. Real gems to find.
I do wear gloves when I ride. The board racer sleeves are 1" short of where my schott 641 falls.

RedWolf

New in Town
It looks really good.
I'm really jealous when I see how other OTR jackets fit.
I would keep it as it is.
But for motorcycling CXL will certainly be the better choice. But not the more comfortable.
I would reconsider the gussets. Visually they make the back much more bulky, but not better. Especially with CXL can be violent.
You don't feel the gussets are worth it for what is gained in movement?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You don't feel the gussets are worth it for what is gained in movement?
I think the difference turns out to be too small.
At least with my aero jackets, I noticed virtually no difference.
The most freedom of movement for motorcycling I have with the Lewis Leather Corsair and the FiveStar CR. Maybe that's because these have the softest leather.
Sheene with Gussets or Ridley without Gussets makes no difference.
I have the least movement with the Field Leather.
73BA5C76-0D84-4F2A-BFAB-33BD00A013F1.jpeg
D99CB2D2-3CF0-4337-857E-F56A14F84E44.jpeg
73BD3E7B-EA29-450F-A5D7-32D0A71BDAFB.jpeg
693F35EB-7F23-4A51-938A-3285DCA574CF.jpeg
5B30C473-350F-4591-993C-93944B8DE75A.jpeg
493B6A73-6A40-41EA-B3A5-88D0757D9786.jpeg

RedWolf

New in Town
Here are some pics of the finished jacket in Vicenza Blackened Brown with Brass hardware. I added an inch in the sleeve. The fit is spot on. I'm very happy with this one.

Attachments

• 20220402_072756.jpg
    20220402_072756.jpg
    913.1 KB · Views: 411
  • 20220402_072826.jpg
    20220402_072826.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 448

Rich22

Practically Family
Looks perfect! Is that the Buco collar you went with? Looks better than usual. Nice! Good decision not bothering with the gussets- from my experience the little shoulder gussets Aero use are just for show, as they don't extend down far enough to aid movement.

RedWolf

New in Town
Looks perfect! Is that the Buco collar you went with? Looks better than usual. Nice! Good decision not bothering with the gussets- from my experience the little shoulder gussets Aero use are just for show, as they don't extend down far enough to aid movement.

Yes this is the symmetrical Buco collar which I prefer. I was finally able to get on my motorcycle with it the other day and I can honestly say it does perfectly fine without gussets.

This jacket actually rides up a lot less than my schott 641. It's already breaking in very nicely. Even driving in a vehicle it's very comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ