Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Board Racer vs. 1930 Premier Highwayman Sizing

BugAss

New in Town
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out the fit difference between the Board Racer and the Premier HWM.

I own a 38" BR (Alpaca lining) which fits perfectly and I'm in the process of ordering a premier HWM with Rayon Quilted Lining.

Holly suggested I get a 40" which probably I will because she knows best, but I just wanted to get a second opinion from here.

I generally love slim fitting jackets since I'm a short guy. I'm just worried that the 40" Premier HWM may look big on me.

I attached 2 pics of the board racer. (Never mind the pj pants:p:p)

Thank you,
1.jpg
2.jpg

Thank you,

MET

A-List Customer
Your board racer's fit on you is optimal. If you want the same slim fit, measure the Board Racer's ptp and shoulder the way Aero does and ask the measurements of Aero Premier Highwayman in a size 38 and 40. Choose the nearest. That is the best way to decide. Alpaca and Rayon lining would not make much difference.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out the fit difference between the Board Racer and the Premier HWM.

I own a 38" BR (Alpaca lining) which fits perfectly and I'm in the process of ordering a premier HWM with Rayon Quilted Lining.

Holly suggested I get a 40" which probably I will because she knows best, but I just wanted to get a second opinion from here.

I generally love slim fitting jackets since I'm a short guy. I'm just worried that the 40" Premier HWM may look big on me.

I attached 2 pics of the board racer. (Never mind the pj pants:p:p)

Thank you,
View attachment 108274 View attachment 108275
Thank you,
I own an Aero Seven (board racer fit) and a Premier 30s Halfbelt. Both are size 40 as suggested by Carrie from TB. Both are slim fitting jackets and fit similar, but the shoulders and chest of the Halfbelt are a bit trimmer and snugger in fit compared to the seven. Both jackets fit well but if I were to be nit picky, the seven fits a little bit better than the Halfbelt.

Aero Seven (board racer fit)
016C9471-C5FA-4C1A-96CC-8C540E329216.jpeg

Aero Premier 30s Halfbelt
70C6015C-EE71-4640-9449-5FE6F3EAA26B.jpeg

BugAss

New in Town
I own an Aero Seven (board racer fit) and a Premier 30s Halfbelt. Both are size 40 as suggested by Carrie from TB. Both are slim fitting jackets and fit similar, but the shoulders and chest of the Halfbelt are a bit trimmer and snugger in fit compared to the seven. Both jackets fit well but if I were to be nit picky, the seven fits a little bit better than the Halfbelt.

View attachment 108294
View attachment 108293
Thank you!!! Darn this whole sizing process is extremely annoying.

BugAss

New in Town

View attachment 108294
View attachment 108293
I guess I'll go with 40" as Holly suggested.
The 38" Board Racer is a bit snug already.
If the HWM is even a tad slimmer, it's not gonna fit with medium sweaters. (I don't wear thick stuff in Athens even during the winter anyway).

Lord LALA

New in Town
BugAss... did you receive the Premier Halfbelt in size 40?
How does it compare to the 38 Boardracer?
Can you layer beneath the Premier HB?

Comparison pics would be greatly appreciated!

Dansoldschool

One of the Regulars
Hi

I’m exactly with same decision now. Owning a very well fitting Board Racer in 44. Holly suggests a Premier Range HWM in 44 too. But I saw pics of the PR HWM and wonder if it is same slim fitted as the board racer or more boxy. To me it seemed boxy.
Would be great to read about comparison of BR and PR HWM in shoulder, chest, stomach/waist and hem.
Thanks

The two jackets are different. The chest stomach area on the BR curves inward (concave). On the PHWMN the chest/ stomach area curves outward (convex). So, even if you order the same chest/ shoulder combo, it will look different- boxier.

Dansoldschool

One of the Regulars
The two jackets are different. The chest stomach area on the BR curves inward (concave). On the PHWMN the chest/ stomach area curves outward (convex). So, even if you order the same chest/ shoulder combo, it will look different- boxier.
Thank you!! This I also thought it would be. As I’m slim waisted this won’t look good. was searching for slim bodied jacket but different to the board racer/seven, with a standard waistband.

Are you specifically looking at Aero? Or are you open to other makers? Thedi might be a good maker for your build. Field Leathers too- although the waitlist is getting longer. I just received a Lewis Leathers dominator that replaces my PMHWYMN, and I love it!

Dansoldschool

One of the Regulars
Are you specifically looking at Aero? Or are you open to other makers? Thedi might be a good maker for your build. Field Leathers too- although the waitlist is getting longer. I just received a Lewis Leathers dominator that replaces my PMHWYMN, and I love it!

Actually I search for a specific leather, unfinished vegtan horsehide in a slim fitted standard pattern like the dominator.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I only have the regular fit HWM, and the drop is 4" total in circumference, P2P 24" down to 22" Hem un-cinched. From the photos of the PHWM I will assume the drop is the same, so 23.75" down to 21.75", and can tighten another 2" with the bottom cinch. The regular HWM has the balloon ( ) body shape, and the PHWM looks like it has more \ / body shape. Best to check with Holly on the actual hem dimensions.

I didn't think too highly about Aero HWM before. Mine was an impulse buy off the sale page, not custom. But it turned out to be one of my ATF. (Needless to say my opinion now is biased). It will stay in my closet in the top three until the day I cannot wear jackets. It doesn't look it but is that good. Go CXL HWM!

Aero Highwayman Fit Brown Cxl 01.jpg

I am also a big fan of Lewis Leathers. But my Lewis experience has more aggressive drop, about 6" Chest to Hem.

My Thedi experience has about 4" drop chest to hem. But it's quite long in the torso. This is a Markos jacket in size XL, would be equivalent to PHWM 44 even with smaller P2P (P2P 22.5" Hem 20.5"). Check length.

thedi.jpg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actually I search for a specific leather, unfinished vegtan horsehide in a slim fitted standard pattern like the dominator.
Then try a Sheene or Seven and have a waistband and side adjusters put on it.
One guy here on the forum did that and it looks great.
I can recommend Unfinished HH.

I just got so excited about my new Lewis Leather in veg tanned sheep that I would immediately take the Dominator in this leather.

Dansoldschool

One of the Regulars
Yes on you it looks good, but for me it would be too boxy indeed.
Aero told me that the PHWMN would be very similar to BR but I see that the body is much different and it seems also shorter. Let’s see if we can figure out a custom version which would meet my measurement requirements more or less.
i could go with another Seven and only one chest pocket instead of two but two handwarmer. Then this Seven would be different to my other modified Seven.
I’m totally run in the idea of unfinished vegtan hh after seeing the Standard and Strange vanishing point by Simmons Bilt.

This is my modified Seven

Attachments

• 5B92179D-B759-4DC7-9117-A5CEB4190E5E.jpeg
    5B92179D-B759-4DC7-9117-A5CEB4190E5E.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 6E7E767A-D016-4416-ABB6-77479EE3D3FD.jpeg
    6E7E767A-D016-4416-ABB6-77479EE3D3FD.jpeg
    747.6 KB · Views: 250

Dansoldschool

One of the Regulars

I just got so excited about my new Lewis Leather in veg tanned sheep that I would immediately take the Dominator in this leather.

Actually I asked to modify a Seven to add a waistband and Holly said that’s not possible.

Dansoldschool

One of the Regulars

I saw your Seven in unfinished hh on IG and it looks absolutely great. I asked you if it’s this unfinished hh. Holly said it’s mid weight 1-1,2mm and ~2.5 oz.
Want a slim fit again. A Seven with waistband would be great.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw your Seven in unfinished hh on IG and it looks absolutely great. I asked you if it’s this unfinished hh. Holly said it’s mid weight 1-1,2mm and ~2.5 oz.
Want a slim fit again. A Seven with waistband would be great.

I had asked once (think it was at Chloe's or Denny's) and there it would have been possible at the Sheene. I think, for 100 GBP surcharge.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/new-jacket-aero-sheene-crossed-with-aero-highwayman.93825/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran