Aero Bootlegger in super heavy cordovan horsehide – 44

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Kunja, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

Catch and release: I bought this jacket here on the lounge about 6 weeks ago and have only had a chance to wear it outside once. This one is just slightly too big in the chest and shoulders for me and since I plan to lose some weight anyway I’ve decided to pass it on.

This is a superb quality Aero Bootlegger in very heavy 4.5 oz cordovan horsehide. Its hard to adequately describe just how amazing the leather is on this one but it is almost saddle leather thickness and the jacket weighs in right at 9 pounds. Beautiful coloring and grain on this leather! The lining is olive colored cotton drill with no storm cuffs.

No odors, or issues of any kind on this one. A few small marks, pictured. Overall it feels almost new to me.

See photos for measurements.

$725 delivered in the US only, PPFF.

Thanks for looking and questions welcomed.

aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-8.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-1.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-2.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-3.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-4.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-5.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-6.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-7.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-9.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-10.jpg

handymike, JMax, Jrolfe and 6 others like this.
  2. Wardo1974

Wardo1974 One of the Regulars

Wow, what a nice jacket, I love it. If I'm seeing correctly though, it has 24" sleeves? What a shame, I need about 2.5" more.

3. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

Yes, sleeves are 24 straight down and 26 around the curve.

Windstorm81 likes this.
  4. Sockeye

Sockeye One of the Regulars

Amazing grain!

5. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

A few more photos showing the color and grain details.

aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-12.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-15.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-16.jpg aero-bootlegger-heavyduty-kunja-14.jpg

JCSD, handymike, JMax and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

Bump

7. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I wonder if this is actually horse?
    It looks a lot like steer to me and i don't think Aero ever sold 4.5oz HH, i wonder if this jacket could be a survivor from the "Storse" debacle before Ken came back.
    If it is indeed HH it is one of the nices i have seen!

Does it have a production tag with a date in the pockets?

handymike and Torstein like this.
  8. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Beautiful jacket!

9. Twit

Twit One of the Regulars

I think my half-belt, which is also for sale, is made of the same batch of leather. I have often suspected that it was made in the storse era but it matters not, the leather is beautiful, if heavy!

Good luck with the sale, it looks great.

10. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

Thanks for the tip Carlos, I did find the production tag buried in the right side pocket. For what its worth, it looks like Vicki made this in December of 2012.

Horse or steer, this is some amazingly beautiful leather.

aero-tag-kunja-1.jpg

Carlos840 likes this.
  11. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

Bump: $700 delivered in the US

12. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

Bump and lowered to $695 delivered

13. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

That's right around when i joined, which is definitely within the "will lauder/ storse" era.
    I would be ready to bet your jacket is a steer jacket with a HH label.
    Nice in a way, it comes from an interresting era of Aero.

14. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

Interesting, thanks for the info.

15. oneterrifichog

oneterrifichog Practically Family

I am going to jump in here if y'all don't mind. I owned the jacket for quite awhile as did another person on the Lounge. I believe it is horsehide. I say that with some background of purchases from Aero way back to the early 2000's. Aero has offered a number of thick horsehides over the years that were "antiqued" or "tumbled". I have bought some used and ordered some as I preferred it over the straight chromed version. It is easier to wear than the hassle of breaking in chrome. I believe this is the tumbled type horse that just happened to be very thick. This leather is not only thick but heavy and again it is my opinion but I think when wearing the jacket it has more characteristics of horsehide than steer. By the way this is a damn good price if you are looking for a thick leather for riding or active use. It has plenty of character and patina and really holds it shape when wearing it. Frankly I really liked the fact that it was made with out those damn knit inserts, which makes it super easy to check the time when out riding.

jonbuilder, Carlos840, JMax and 3 others like this.
  16. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

Thank you, Wilbur! Horse, storse, or ostrich...the leather on this one is just outstanding.

jacketjunkie and oneterrifichog like this.
  17. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

Bump to $675 delivered in the US

18. gtlansaw

gtlansaw New in Town

really interested in the jacket, may fit me. would you consider return if it doesn't fit? non-smoker and live down in Atlanta area. would return same day or next day if sizing is wrong.
    thanks in advance,

19. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

No, but thank you for your interest.

robrinay likes this.
  20. Bankshot

Bankshot New in Town

Really nice jacket. I’m selling a new Bootlegger on this forum as the 46 is too big on me now. Seems I shrunk to a 44. What’s your price currently? I see you’re in the DC metro area. Me, too. DM if you’d like. Mark