Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO BRONCO SIZING

SPLINTER

New in Town
Hello everyone
I have placed an order with Aero leathers for a Bronco A2 , the problem is i'm not sure of whether a size 40" or a 42" will be best for me. I've been corresponding with Holly with regards size and she suggests a size 42". She forwarded me the sizes of a size 40" however they do not have a size 42" with which to forward me the sizes from.
If anyone reading this post has a size 42" Aero Bronco i would very much appreciate it if you could let me know the pit to pit sizes , shoulder width etc.
regards
Richie

s4rmark

One of the Regulars
Hi , I have an aero leather bronco . Sizes of mine are, pit to pit 22 1/2 , front length 21 1/2 , arm length including cuff 25 , shoulder to shoulder 18 1/2 , back length 25 . These measurements are for a 42 regular , hope this helps.

SPLINTER

New in Town
Hi
Thank you for that information , very helpful.
Can i assume that you are about a 40" chest relaxed. May i ask what leather and colour option you decided upon?
regards
Richie

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have an Aero Bronco labeled as size 44. My chest is ~42" relaxed. The measurements of my Bronco are P2P 23.5" and 19" shoulder. My Bronco fits snugly, and I could easily wear a size 46. My input would be to follow Holly's advice and to order a size 42 Bronco as a jacket slightly too big will make you :) whereas a jacket slightly too small will make you :(.

s4rmark

One of the Regulars
I am a size 40 regular, I bought this jacket in 2010 from aero leather and I chose jerky horsehide in seal brown. I must admit that it's not a very accurate replica of the bronco contract, particularly the use of studs instead of ring snaps for the collar and pockets . The horsehide is fairly lifeless as it hasn't developed much " character " in all the time I've owned it, the wool cuffs have stretched Considerably and are loose on the wrists . Having said that , I've worn it quite a lot and use it very often driving to and from work and walking the dog etc. It is very well made and will last a lifetime but I doubt I would go to aeroleather again because of the inaccurasies of this jacket .

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
@s4rmark your Bronco was made by the old regime, and when Aero's previous MD ran Aero's company into the ground and became MD of Alexander Leathers / Simmons Bilt until he was convicted of grand theft, Ken Calder returned, and it my understanding that he redid the A-2 contracts, including greater historical accuracy with marked improvement in materials used to make all of Aero's jackets.

My Bronco was made by the old regime with russet jerky horsehide that has developed nice patina. However, if I were to order a new Bronco, I would go with seal or russet Vicenza horsehide that has a fantastic rich color, hand, and drape, and is well worth the additional upcharge, and then some. If the op wants complete historical accuracy, he can consider Good Wear Leather Company (John Chapman) for $1550 PLUS UK duty WITH a 2-3 year wait.

SPLINTER

New in Town
Hi
Yes , Fanch is right when he says that the Bronco has been updated to be more accurate . Hes also correct in saying i could go with good year ---- the wait would'nt bother me but i refuse to line someone elses pocket by paying hundreds of pounds in import tax and handling fees. I believe they even tax you on postal costs !!!
The other option is an original which i would and probably will own but not to wear on a daily basis ,so that leaves me with only one choice . Aero say that the patterns they use are made from an original and that all stitches etc are replicated----- i'm not expecting it to be 100 % accurate but 99% will do lol.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I would always follow Holly's advice on sizing. She handles all these jackets, has advised numerous people in the OP's position and can get advice from Denny and Ken on the best way to go.
In my case, on the advice of Denny I sized up for my 1576 contract to a 38 and it fits on the nail. I've actually tried on an original Bronco and it was originally a slim, slightly longer-fitting A-2, so an absolute sitter for sizing up.

SPLINTER

New in Town
Thanks for your advice Sloan --- i appreciate it . Holly did advise on a size 42 and judging by the measurements giving earlier in this post she's probably right.
Just laughing to myself as since joining this forum what started as an interest is becoming an obsession --- I'm going to have to give up one of my other interests to keep this up ha ha.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I would always follow Holly's advice on sizing. She handles all these jackets, has advised numerous people in the OP's position and can get advice from Denny and Ken on the best way to go.

I concur with what @Sloan1874 above just said, and if Holly recommended a size 42, it is at your own peril should you size down to a 40!

stevepow

New in Town
Chiming in to agree - I just got my Bronco A-2 and I was so worried the 42 would be baggy since I wear a 40 suit. No way I could have been happy in a 40. Go with the size they recommend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk