Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero ebay frustrations

eggleman

One of the Regulars
As a relative newbie here , just wondering how much of this Aero / AL stuff is from disgruntled customers or people just stirring for fun ?

nick123

I'll Lock Up

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Yes. I know it lacked any serious content other than ape men throwing bananas at each other...but I always worry when a thread I write something in gets removed. My apologies if I said anything wrong. This was just a weird one because usually a deleted thread is blacked/lined out prior to removal. Not upset, just curious.

It wasn't removed. It was under Schitzo's Started Threads. I didn't search for it traditionally as I find the search function here to be pretty frustrating.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Generally, if a thread hasn't been touched for a few days, it slips a couple of pages. I find it easier to flick back a few pages than use the search function.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Whoa I didn't mean to start anything. I read the OP and went to Ebay looking to score a used Aero. The OP said there were lots of em... well there weren't just what I posted earlier. I did not say anything adverse about AL. I don't knock what I don't own, that's rude and silly, but I did point out what was written there just to be clear. In the words of that great 20th Century philosopher Rodney King...

"Can't we all just get along?"

Of course the answer was...

"Hell no mutha$#$#@$#@!" and they cracked him over the haid once more.

Worf

Alistar79

Familiar Face
Whoa I didn't mean to start anything. I read the OP and went to Ebay looking to score a used Aero. The OP said there were lots of em... well there weren't just what I posted earlier. I did not say anything adverse about AL. I don't knock what I don't own, that's rude and silly, but I did point out what was written there just to be clear. In the words of that great 20th Century philosopher Rodney King...

"Can't we all just get along?"

Of course the answer was...

"Hell no mutha$#$#@$#@!" and they cracked him over the haid once more.

Worf

Thanks for making me start the day with a BIG belly laugh worf.

Of course were in different parts of the world so we only see the ebay sites for our countries unless you search worldwide ( i think).

As for the great Al-Aero debate i own jackets now made by both and am very happy with each of them.

Edward

Bartender
I've seen quite a few genuine Aeros on eBay.... a number of them twenty year old jackets that someone seems to think they can get the price of a new one for! That's been the ruination of ebay for me.... far too many sellers who think they're entitled to big money for something, anything "because it's old".... and far too many buyers expect everything for buttons because it's eBay! Certianly not what it used to be...

Funnily-enough, it's the same fellah who was on here a month of so back, posting ding-bat PR for AL. Interesting to note that despite all his big talk about his faith in the company, he still uses Aero's good name to push their product. [huh]

I suppose given the connection between the two, there was always going to be a bit of using the name. Eventually I'd expect the company to drop it as they establish themselves in their own market, though likely in twenty years' time we'll be seeing jacket on eBay listed as "Alexander Leathers, made by Aero!", a la the Sam Walker jackets.

Anyone know the deal with that seller selling the mass amount of A-2s from just about every maker? They all look like they have been stored in plastic bags for 20 years!

Sounds like someone liquidating a collection to fund a new obsession, or medical bills, or w.h.y..

I doubt that eBay seller is trying to flog it as an Aero. Old eBay standard listing trick. Put as many related words in the title as you can so it shows up in more search's. I'll bet there are a lot more people out there searching for Aero's than AL's and if this was to pop up in their search, they might just be interest. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy, just marketing, and no, I don't know the guy or have any vested interest in his auctions.

Common trick, but it's a] trade mark infringement, and b] against eBay's own rules. I've reached a point where I'm ready to start reporting auctions for this, as I'm sick of having my search returns clogged with nonsense like "Fender *style* guitar!" "Crap Seventies Mall Jacket Flying jacket Aero Buzz Rickson RMNZ!!" etc.

Generally, if a thread hasn't been touched for a few days, it slips a couple of pages. I find it easier to flick back a few pages than use the search function.

Best way to find anything here is Google - type "The Fedora Lounge [Your thread title or other query / keywords here]". Generally effective, if you can come up with the right keywords - much more so than the inbuilt search function, which is, imo, the one big failing of the vBulletin software (though that said, on balance this is still vastly superior to other forum software I have encountered).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Going back on topic to eBay Aero frustrations, I would be hesitant to buy or sell any Aero on eBay, particularly as a buyer. There are simply too many variables present. I did sell two very nice Aeros (not on eBay) to a couple of well known FL members at below market, so that two fellow FL members were happy with what they received, and I was able to unload two jackets, neither of which fit me properly.

I did sell an exceptionally clean Cooper A-2 on eBay for below market, and the buyer complained of minimal fuzzing of the knits and insisted on a $10 reduction via PP which I sent. What I would like to have sent would have been a $10 bill rolled up with instructions to insert where the sun doesn't shine. Too many hassles with eBay.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Going back on topic to eBay Aero frustrations, I would be hesitant to buy or sell any Aero on eBay, particularly as a buyer. There are simply too many variables present. I did sell two very nice Aeros (not on eBay) to a couple of well known FL members at below market, so that two fellow FL members were happy with what they received, and I was able to unload two jackets, neither of which fit me properly.

I did sell an exceptionally clean Cooper A-2 on eBay for below market, and the buyer complained of minimal fuzzing of the knits and insisted on a $10 reduction via PP which I sent. What I would like to have sent would have been a $10 bill rolled up with instructions to insert where the sun doesn't shine. Too many hassles with eBay.

Just what eBay needs...more Cooper A-2s!
Only joking :)

schitzo

Suspended
Time for a "Show and Tell"

well of course! But for one of them I'm gonna have the sleeves shortened a touch - am trying tio work out how much should come off atm - so the review and pics will be a bit slower than usual i'm afraid

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for making me start the day with a BIG belly laugh worf.

Of course were in different parts of the world so we only see the ebay sites for our countries unless you search worldwide ( i think).

As for the great Al-Aero debate i own jackets now made by both and am very happy with each of them.

When we can't laugh... we're done for! Nice avatar by the by. Marvin Gaye I assume? With my vision, perhaps Sam Cooke?

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany