Aero factory closure

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by xtopherus, Mar 25, 2020 at 6:05 AM.

1. xtopherus

xtopherus New in Town

Robbie79 likes this.
  2. MrProper

MrProper Familiar Face

I hope that too.
    I've been waiting for a jacket since the beginning of December.
    Luckily it's a shearling for which it's getting too warm anyway.
    I am currently assuming that i will get the jacket before the next winter.

3. thor

thor One Too Many

I saw the Aero e-mail; very sad to hear but very understandable in these times. I suppose every country and every business has been affected in different ways.
    I also got an e-mail from U.S. Wings:
    1E127655-26FD-416A-8CBF-8FF787705B74.jpeg

4. thor

thor One Too Many

I just hope everything is back to “normal” ASAP!
    Wishing everyone on TFL good health for themselves and their families!

5. cloudylemonade

cloudylemonade Vendor

Our stance on the situation is that we'd rather lose business than a single staff member. So, for the safety of them (and the rest of the population) there was no question that we would close. No matter how much we all love clothes, we are not an 'essential business' at the current time.

Before the government guidelines came in to close, we'd already sent home every member of staff with ongoing or previous health issues, and those who can work from home will be now, as we were mostly doing already.

The factory is now set up so there's a safe distance between machines, but at this moment the only reason we'd reopen before the lock down is lifted is if our offer to help make protective masks for the NHS is taken up (we offered due to shortages, but haven't had a response yet).

Besides that we hope our customers understand that the safety of our staff is most important, and will bear with us. We will get all orders out to you as soon as we can!

We all have to follow guidelines, stay safe and do what is best to see things return to 'normal' as quickly as we can!

We appreciate everyone's patience and support at this difficult time.

Stay safe, from all at Aero.

Fanch, Monitor, torfjord and 38 others like this.
  6. Edward

Edward Bartender

Bravo, Aero. If only all businesses were as committed to their staff.

Fanch, feltfan, AbbaDatDeHat and 5 others like this.
  7. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

I never fail to be impressed by Aero. Decent people.

Fanch, AbbaDatDeHat, seres and 5 others like this.
  8. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

Nothing but total Respect Holly. That's why you guys are different than others. Hats off.
    Stay safe.

Fanch, AbbaDatDeHat, nick123 and 2 others like this.
  9. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

^^ Fantastic! I have an order submitted through Thurston brothers, but just like you say, it can wait. No rush. Hope everyone is well and stays well there, we'll manage through this time and be stronger as we move into the next phase afterwards. This too shall pass. Blessings & thoughts to all there...

10. MrProper

MrProper Familiar Face

Even if leather jackets are important, there are currently more important things.
    Closing the company is completely understandable and cannot be changed anyway.
    After all, nobody chose this f*****g virus.
    So all the best.

Harris HTM likes this.
  11. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage My Mail is Forwarded Here

I firmly believe people should make mental notes of companies that treat this international crisis responsibly and conscientiously not only towards their employees but also wider society and once "normality" returns reward them with their business. And vice versa, of course.

12. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Staff Member Bartender

Good for you, Aero.

Fanch likes this.
  13. Robbie79

Robbie79 Practically Family

Bravo, Aero! I'm 100% sure that all of your customers understand that there will be a delay in shipping jackets to your customers (including me as I expected a jacket in April) as there are more important things now! I'm sure your employees (especially the ones with health issues) will thank you for your humanity and a long-term basis and customers will reward it with new orders as soon as you will be re-opened (hopefully soon). All the best to you stay healthy!

Edward and Finn Vigorous like this.
  14. jonesy86

jonesy86 Call Me a Cab

May you all be well.

15. Finn Vigorous

Finn Vigorous New in Town

To me, there has always been also an ethical dimension to the "buying the seller" phrase. That said, hats off to Aero. When things settle down, I'll send you yet another custom order.

Edward, zebedee and Harris HTM like this.
  16. Jejupe

Jejupe Practically Family

Although this means that my long wait for my Rockafella will become even longer, my hat is off to Aero's decision makers. As a business owner I understand that decision like this is not as easy to make as one might think, so kudos for Aero for putting their staff's health before profit!

Edward, Monitor and Mandarin like this.
  17. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Stay well Holly and the rest of your family too!

18. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

First we have a toilet paper shortage, now it's looking like a leather jacket drought?!?

How can Aero do this to us? :eek:

Anyway, I hope that everyone keeps well, and that regulars here don't have to go cold turkey too long for their next fix.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020 at 6:19 AM