Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Half Belt fit check

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
if your plan is to wear it layered with hoodies/sweatshirts like you're doing there, then i think it's perfect. otherwise it's probably a tad too big but would need to see pics of you in it with just a t-shirt to confirm. btw I like the sleeve length. I like the sleeves to hit me at about the same spot on my jackets

pacreamer

New in Town
Well I received the Aero Highwayman, tagged size 38 but with dimensions very similar to the previous 42, 30s HB.

Here’s some pics:
5DE4BB20-DD4C-4AEE-869D-81E4419FEC46.jpeg
63279633-8CAD-43DC-AE68-509CAC7615E3.jpeg

The jacket felt fuller in the body. Yeah, I’ve got a bigger belly since Covid, but think this style exaggerates that, where the 30s looked better. Neck felt terrible. Arms seemed baggy. Waist seemed fine, but perhaps a bit restrictive.This was cordovan Steerhide.

I decided on the 50s half belt with Carrie. I think it will eliminate the front drop I didn’t like, as well as slim up the blousy middle section of this HWM. We’ve already made notes on desired sleeve length and body length we want to hit.

Would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks all, and hope you have a good weekend.

Last edited:

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Hard to tell whether the body length is good or not due to the shirt hanging out, but it seems too short for me.
Arms a bit too long.
If you don't have any issues zipping it up across the waist then the torso seems pretty good.
Very minimal bunching up of material in the upper back.
What do you mean by "neck felt terrible"?
As the whole pattern is rather boxy / roomy then having roomy arms comes with the package I guess. It does seem a That cordovan steerhide looks gorgeous, some close up shots please!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Honestly I can't tell how it fits at all with that shirt hanging out. If you tucked your shirt in it would be easier to judge the fit

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
as well as slim up the blousy middle section of this HWM.
If you don't want that, take the Premier Highwayman.
Otherwise, I find it not bad, apart from the somewhat too long sleeves.
To do without the front drop I think is not a good idea, provided that the belt buckle should be covered. Otherwise, the jacket must be longer in the back, then stands on the hip and compresses.
The HWM is worn a little shorter.

This is the PHWM

Attachments

• 7E65C995-67B1-4705-B9E6-804B5A36E117.jpeg
    7E65C995-67B1-4705-B9E6-804B5A36E117.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 128
  • BDCA3FF3-3B28-425B-BC47-D280C97F6012.jpeg
    BDCA3FF3-3B28-425B-BC47-D280C97F6012.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 125

borisna

A-List Customer
I received my Aero 30s HB fit jacket today. What do you all think of the fit.

I think sleeves maybe .5” too long.

Would love a longer back of body and a less pronounced dip in front.

I wore with a T-shirt and then with a heavyweight sweatshirt for layering test as I will most likely be layering with a flannel or lighter sweatshirt.

Any other styles I should consider?

Also is it too baggy around my back of shoulders?

View attachment 484032 View attachment 484033 View attachment 484034 View attachment 484035 View attachment 484036 View attachment 484037 View attachment 484042
Is that by any chance this jacket from Thurston Bros?
https://www.thurston-bros.com/colle...-half-belt-size-42-chestnut-badalassi-cowhide

Edward

Bartender
As memory serves, Thurston used to spec all their jackets from Aero 1" longer than Aero's standard. Perhaps they found a lot of their customer base aren't interested in the rest of the vintage look and wanted something longer to match modern trousers with the "waistband" significantly south of the natural waist.

The thing about playing around with these vintage designs to suit layering and whatever is they will look odd if not worn as originally intended. Getting rid of dips and changing a lot of lengths very markedly can throw the original designs out of balance. If you want to layer, I'd suggest looking at one of the roomier patterns, like a Highwayman, that have more space for that by design.

Personally, I think the sleeve length looks good on this one, but that'll be personal. I don't like a leather jacket to stop way up at my wrists, others prefer it.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Is this a Thurston Bros jacket? IMO they spec these entirely, frankly laughably, too long. This jacket typically has a 2.5”-3” front drop. If you put that on a 26.5” back the front becomes a car coat.

For most folk in the average height range of 5’10”-6’ this jacket should not be more than 25” in the back. Maybe even an inch less.

I agree the back/shoulders does look a bit excessive/large. For comparisons sake, the 50’s HB gives you a very similar style with a bit more room all around and a blunt cut hem.
50’s HB (the better pattern imo):
View attachment 484054 View attachment 484055 View attachment 484056
30’s:
View attachment 484057 View attachment 484058 View attachment 484059
Old thread revival, but I have to say these look impossibly good on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff