Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Heavy Steer Hide - tan colour?

Jackrinse

New in Town
Hi all
I want to order an Aero jacket, probably a 50's half belt.
I have always wanted a tan leather coat and so I have been looking at the heavy steer hide in tan colour on the aero web site.
My issue is that I am in Australia so I need to work from pics on the net when looking to see how a leather looks.
There are very few pics and the ones I can find are of a Cafe Racer.
Can anyone tell me more about this leather and how it ages please?
Also any pics would be fantastic....
Thanks
Gareth

majormajor

One Too Many
Hi all
I want to order an Aero jacket, probably a 50's half belt.
I have always wanted a tan leather coat and so I have been looking at the heavy steer hide in tan colour on the aero web site.
My issue is that I am in Australia so I need to work from pics on the net when looking to see how a leather looks.
There are very few pics and the ones I can find are of a Cafe Racer.
Can anyone tell me more about this leather and how it ages please?
Also any pics would be fantastic....
Thanks
Gareth

If you speak to Holly or Rachel at Aero, I'm sure they would send you some hide samples.

schitzo

Suspended
what happened to..

"I called Aero yesterday.
I had expected to have a conversation about the style of jacket I wanted and the inclusions that would suit.
The lady on the phone, who was in no way unpleasant, referred me to order online.
I explained that I had hoped to get some pointers on sizing etc but again she asked me to order online.
Also the turnaround is 6 months apparently.
I decided Aero was not for me"

You changed your mind already huh :)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah I have the tan steer but a light hide. It looks like they have a new heavier hide that is also not as orange in color.

I would just ask for samples and then decide on a jacket and send an email after the order with information about your measurements and how you want it to fit.

Jackrinse

New in Town
Well seeing as you asked schitzo ;0)
True story -
I called the uk number in recent calls on my phone, I asked for Jo.
The lady on the end of the line said there is no Jo here, so I assumed I had remembered the name incorrectly.
I then asked about the Lancaster jacket and the lady said that they did not do a model called Lancaster.
The lady I was speaking to was Lydia!
Once we had worked out that I had redialled the wrong number we had a chat for about 40 minutes and she was very warm and welcoming on the telephone. She also apologised for the response to my first phone call.
So that is how I came back to Aero.
Cheers
Gareth

Jackrinse

New in Town
Yeah I have the tan steer but a light hide. It looks like they have a new heavier hide that is also not as orange in color.

I would just ask for samples and then decide on a jacket and send an email after the order with information about your measurements and how you want it to fit.
Thanks Griff

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Well seeing as you asked schitzo ;0)
True story -
I called the uk number in recent calls on my phone, I asked for Jo.
The lady on the end of the line said there is no Jo here, so I assumed I had remembered the name incorrectly.
I then asked about the Lancaster jacket and the lady said that they did not do a model called Lancaster.
The lady I was speaking to was Lydia!
Once we had worked out that I had redialled the wrong number we had a chat for about 40 minutes and she was very warm and welcoming on the telephone. She also apologised for the response to my first phone call.
So that is how I came back to Aero.
Cheers
Gareth

The lady to whom you talked on the phone was Lydia Calder, who is the wife of Ken (owner) and mother of Holly. Aero is a small family run company that happens to ship all over the world. Lydia is very personable, and I found her to be very helpful when I talked to her on the phone a few weeks ago regarding my order. She complimented me on my Texas (actually Tennessee) accent, and I did the same about her Welsh brogue. Wonderful person:)

Jackrinse

New in Town
Hi Fanch
Yes Lydia was a pleasure to deal with.
I purchased a 46 long Highwayman that will be in the post today.....which means I can use it during our short winter. Had I waited 6 months it would have been close to 15 months before it got any real use.
I plan on ordering a light coloured "shank" 50s half belt once the sample arrives next week, another thanks to "Lovely Lydia" for sending the second batch of samples.

Does anyone have any pics of the old heavy steer cream leather that was on offer some years ago?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey, Gareth,
I've never really liked the tan leather, and I've been kind of a HH snob since I got my LHB, but there's a tan steerhide Windward in the Used section of the Aero website that's been really getting my attention. The dark edges of the leather look really fine. If the kid wasn't in college, I might go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran