Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero HWY fit

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
Thanks Dav...Computer wrangling for me is a learning procedure. My only relationship with computers aside from banking and communication is viewing it as a library in a box. Tip welcome!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
The jacket is too big at the shoulders and the chest. Thats what it looks like to me. Bigger chest probably comes with bigger armholes as everything should scale up using bigger patterns.

I want to say that I also have some "problems" with how mine fits and when I clicked your link the first thing I thought was "wow, thats a great fit for a highwayman, i wish mine fitted like that, and wow look at that break in, its amazing"

You have a problem with it being slightly big, I have a problem with mine becaus its sligthly trim. When mine is zipped open i get annoying creases diagonally on the upper chest from my neck like this / \

This jackets probably fits me better then any other jacket I own but still I get theese creases that no other jacket gives me, im constantly thinking about them and I cant really enjoy wearing the jacket because of them.

After seeing Jan solos halfbelt tho, I think it migh be due to that the jacket is "trim" becaue his jacket has theese creases too. I thought mine was sloppy made, specially as i had to return the first one I thought maybe they felt I didnt deserve having the best person make the fixed one. I no longer think this is the case as Jans jacket is made by Vicki, who i think together with Moira is 2 of the most amazing makers Aero has.

I do think your jacket looks very good on you and I dont think anyone else thinks about the armholes. But the most important thing is how you feel, and if you cant relax in the jacket then there is not much else to do but get another one. Having a more trim jacket can get you new "problems" tho, so why not just drop a line to Aero seeing how they fel, and wear the jacket when going window shopping with a friend and things like that where you mostly walk around looking cool in the jacket, and give it some time to think about it.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I love my Highwayman but it is a little strangely-cut.

It's a size 46" and there was absolutely loads of extra waist room, despite me taking 38" waist pants/jeans, so I have the side adjusters pulled in to near the tightest they can be (around 1" from the end of the travel). It is pretty 'batwing'-like under the arms, yet tight across the back of the shoulders and a little short in the sleeves. However, I must point out that I am 6" 4' and do take a US '35/36' in shirt sleeve length, a little longer than the norm.

I've found that, with regular wear, the 'batwing'-like bits have kind of folded in on themselves, as they're pulled in at the bottom of the jacket by the side adjusters. In addition, the shoulders have loosened up somewhat. This has mitigated the blousy shape...

If you're narrow across the shoulders and a little shorter than average in the arms, you may be able to get away with a Highwayman a size smaller than usual, which could give you a less bulky silhouette.

However (IMHO), overall, I think that if you want a really trim-fitting jacket, you're better off with another design.

Here's me bumming around in my Highwayman last Autumn:

11863_320401280470_725635470_9452050_5133365_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran