Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Indy Jacket...Pics.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a big Aero fan but I think it looks pretty good in those photos. The fact it isn't accurate to the film version doesn't bother me at all. They've kind of made it their own. Only the stitch Nazi's will care.

Last edited:

PoohBang

Suspended
If I remember back about 10 years ago or so, Aero tried an Indy jacket before but scraped it because it didn't work. Ken had some of the test jackets on the used site for a while...

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Oil pull is just that it has oil in it for the pull up effect.

Chromexell is a wax pull up so is a bit more subtle

Edward

Bartender
For a tough, real life Indy jacket I'd go the goat Gibson and Barnes myself. You could wear that in hell and still come up smiling. However, Edward, your point is fair. I'm in the hotel convention suite myself. I don't leave the city unless I really, really have to. I hate the outdoors. ;)

Heh. Yeah, I looked at the G&B jacket a few years ago. Nice jacket, and if I was looking for an Indy as a 'go to' the way my Aeros are, in the absence of an Aero option I'd have gone for one of those. As it is, I really wanted to have an Indy in the wardrobe but I knew it would only ever be something I'd reach for occasionally, not a go to, so I went looking for a used Wested. Ended up with one of their Raiders models in goat. The goat has significantly more durability than lamb, though it's noticeably lighter than the goat aero use in their A2s and G1 types. I like it a lot. The best thing (and the reason I jumped on it in the end) is that this is a much lighter jacket that it is ideal for temperatures in which I still want a jacket but even my A2s are too much.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Understood Edward. I live in a place where it is often 111 degrees. So I get needing a lighter jacket. Better than most. I have a Wested goat. It's as heavy as my G&B - about a 2.5 oz goat and a lovely leather. Problem is it isn't well made. I can't imagine passing it on to the next generation like I can with the G&B. These are heirloom jackets, like Aeros - but cheaper...

Edward

Bartender
Understood Edward. I live in a place where it is often 111 degrees. So I get needing a lighter jacket. Better than most. I have a Wested goat. It's as heavy as my G&B - about a 2.5 oz goat and a lovely leather. Problem is it isn't well made. I can't imagine passing it on to the next generation like I can with the G&B. These are heirloom jackets, like Aeros - but cheaper...

Yeah, the Westeds do come in very cheap by comparison, but you can see where they cut the corners. I suppose that's largely influenced by their market being more for costume pieces rather than clothing, per se. Still, for the even less I paid for mine it'll do the job for now. Haven't rules out a G&B if ever one came cheap enough, but for now there are too many other jackets I'd rather have - you know how it goes. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart