Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Irvin 38"

crism1

New in Town
I put on some weight so I'm regretfully selling my Aero Irvin pre-war model. This Irvin has been used a single season for about 1 month since the pandemic here was pretty rough (italy) and it pretty much stopped all my movements as the jacket came at the end of the winter in 2020 in February. The jacket doesn't show signs of wear, the leather is in a perfect state, and if needed I can provide picture inch by inch.

I paid this jacket 820£ pounds and I'm selling it a 700£ since it's basically brand new.

I would ship from Italy

Attachments

• C7QrYJJ.jpg
    C7QrYJJ.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 978
  • irv1.jpg
    irv1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 860
  • irv2.jpg
    irv2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 825
  • S8wwQIZ.jpg
    S8wwQIZ.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 873
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-05 at 00.00.25.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-05 at 00.00.25.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 846

crism1

New in Town
Hello, Possible to have measurments? Thanks

Sleeve: 65cm
Back: 59cm with shearling, 58cm without sherling
Shoulders: 47cm

Sleeves and shoulders, as per bomber style, are roomy to accommodate the shearling inside and eventually clothing underneath. If you need ulterior references, I'm tall 1.80cm

crism1

New in Town
yeah, sorry, long

It wears quite "short" for me actually, as it should have. These coats were made in a time where very long-waisted pants were the norm and most jackets wore "short". It's not very clear from the pictures but it barely covers the belt of my regular waisted jeans, and it's covered only because of the fluffy wool.
Long story short, depending on how tall you are, this jacket should fit you perfectly if you are in the 1,70ish range - this was cut for an S at the chest. Matter of fact you are shorter you can wear this with regular waisted pants and still sport the "short" look. Historically, like more popular A2, there's no real reference point or guideline on how it should fit. Pictures show actually that fits were all over the place since they didn't have time or resources to give you a "perfect" jacket.

I mean if you like the jacket but it won't fit, by all means, you can still send it back, I'd accept the return!

bien

One of the Regulars
would this be too long for me if im 1.7m(5'7)? is this a stock or custom?

crism1

New in Town
would this be too long for me if im 1.7m(5'7)? is this a stock or custom?

there's no real ideal fit for these jackets. They were produced to accommodate figures of all kinds in times of war, so even historically you would see fits that were all over the place. I personally don't think it would look wrong on you as the cm difference is not that much. It would be ideal; a longer jacket is much more wearable paired with modern clothes. Ken Calder during the ordering process suggests for longer jackets for this very reason. Older jackets were supposed to wear with "shell fit" to accommodate the high waisted pants they used back those days, but nowadays a shorted jacket is very hard to wear properly with the pants we use now. At best, the highest good quality and relatively easy to find pants are medium-waisted.
The cm difference would make a better overall fit for your height IMHO and it won't look like a "long jacket"

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
Hi,
Please, clarify which size it is and in which country system? As far as I know, in us system 38-40 corresponds to international large. And in british system it corresponds to s-m but then it mustnt have such dimensions, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot