Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Irvin Flying Jackets

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Here you go: best repro Irvin that I have ever seen: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-1942-pattern-aviator-irvin-size-42-44.80520/

Cockpit Irvin Front.jpg

Reactions: Dav

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
That was a very early Aviator by the Cockpit Clothing Co. of Southampton. Pretty much spot on for a Links Irvin, right from day one. I’ve no idea when they lost their way, but they did as the later jackets were really mediocre.

jaffathehat

New in Town
Their decline was probably due to compremising on quality in order to save money, which, in this game, will never end well for company concerned.

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
Its a shame there wont be any more Aces High jackets, the attention to detail was in a class of its own, I hope the new owner of mine gets a lifetime of wear from it. On a more positive note, if there had been anything particularly lacking in the Aero I had made subsequently, I would have had another Aces High made soonest. However no issues at all with the aero jacket and if you have ordered one you wil be happy.

Edward

Bartender
Its a shame there wont be any more Aces High jackets, the attention to detail was in a class of its own, I hope the new owner of mine gets a lifetime of wear from it. On a more positive note, if there had been anything particularly lacking in the Aero I had made subsequently, I would have had another Aces High made soonest. However no issues at all with the aero jacket and if you have ordered one you wil be happy.

Rally useful to hear this - it's one thing to compare by handling and such, but to know from longer-term ownership, that's the sort of feedback that is invaluable in this place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21