Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Jacket Sizing Help

nattevagten

A-List Customer
I do not necessarily want to agree with this.
At least the PHWM works very well for me with CXSH and the Badalassi, from which I have wished for thick hides.
But maybe I got very thin CXSH (or very thick Badalassi), because both jackets wear similarly well.
But surely it's also a matter of taste and preference.
I remember someone here saying that Aero uses slightly thinner CXL steerhide these days (1.3-1.4 mm vs. the old 1.7+ mm), so what you are saying makes sense.

Shine

New in Town
Hi jas1598, here is my size 42 Seven from Thurston Bro with 18" shoulder, 22.5 ptp & 20.5 hem. My chest size is 39" & I can wear a thick hoodie under this jacket without feeling restrictive. The arm hole is high & the thick CXL takes a while to break in, but I like the style & wear it often in the winter months.

20201216d.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hi everyone. I'm about to order a fit jacket from Thurston Bros. to start the process of custom ordering a jacket. Without trying anything on, I'm interested in the Seven, Premier Highwayman, and Sheene jackets.

I'm thinking of starting with the slimmest fit, which is the Seven jacket, and going from there. Here are my measurements:

Shoulder = 48 cm (18.9")
Chest = 99 cm (39")
Arm length = 84cm (33.1")

Based on these measurements, do you think I should start with the Seven jacket in size 42? I don't want this jacket to be uncomfortably tight and want to be able to wear a light sweater underneath and still have full range of motion. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Honestly, I think you are over-thinking this process.

First, go somewhere where you can try on several styles and models of jackets. If in Europe, you could go to Aero directly.

If in the US, try a Schott store, Vanson, Johnson's, Langlitz, even Fox Creek. Go and see what works for you.

Have you owned leather jackets before? If so, what and how were they for you?

What is it that YOU PERSONALLY want out of this jacket?

My first Aero was a 4-pocket Cafe Racer (from Thurston's while they still had their store in Seattle). It was practical, comfortable and not overly-snug fitting. Then I went a little crazy after that with purchases, etc.

I would just really have you clarify what are you looking for, how will you use it, and what are your priorities. I could care less which model you buy, which leather, etc. I just personally hope you find what will work for you long term.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
I have a Seven in a size 44. I wear a 41 regular fit or 42 trim fit suit jacket. Honestly, I probably would have been happier with either one more size up or a different pattern. Mine looks great on but it is still a bit restrictive With anything more than a single layer shirt.

I just received a Thedi Nikos and have been blown away at how much more comfortable it is out of the gate. I think these slim fit and high armhole jackets are great for appearance but not the best if you want a jacket you don’t have to think about wearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner