Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather A2 Bronco - need advice on fit

borisna

A-List Customer
Hey guys,

Just got this one from Thurston and need some advise on the fit.
The chest, shoulders and sleeve feel good, but is there too much material at the bottom hem/waist?
IMG_2794.jpg
IMG_2795.jpg
IMG_2796.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perfect fit. A2 will never fit like a moto jacket or fashion style. You'll have to go custom if you want that taper or try G1 since you can size down with the action back.
That’s exactly right. The A-2 pattern is about as ergonomic as a sack of potatoes. You need some extra leather to allow you freedom to move, raise your arms, and reach forward. I see what you mean about the extra leather but I do not think it is worth worrying about. The jacket looks great!

borisna

A-List Customer
Gents, thank you so much for the input! funny thing, I actually loved it putting it on out of the box, but then the Mrs mentioned the extra width at the hem / waist and I cant unsee it since :D

That’s the way i like it. You’re in Canada. Leave room to layer. It’s not a warm jacket.
I was planning to have this one as a mild weather jacket, maybe layer with a thin wool sweater for extra warmth.

If the back doesn’t blouson like that you won’t be able to reach forward
Thats a good point, but then I saw this Real Mccoy's from @Jaime and cant get this fit from my head! this was actually my second option besides the Aero, but i'm not a big fan of pigment leather, the badalassi Aero uses is just amazing to me (minus the sqeak :D) and the Aero was half price compared to the RMC
img_1776-jpg.244131

regius

I’d have to make a qualification on my comment, blouson per se does not have impact on forward movement, but with most accurate A2 repro (and Aero are quite accurate) you’d need the volume for maximum movement. Other makers (Eastman included) have actailly modernized their pattern. Also, historically contract to contract have varied shapes and proportions so yours is absolutely fine. But if you want a “A2 inspired flight jacket” from Japan, then you can try McCoy or RMNZ or Buzz Rickson.

regius

In comparison, what’s really too voluminous would be the Gibson Barnes “Historical A2” cuts, a side view of that dwarfs your lower back volume.

Adence

Familiar Face
Not an expert, but looks like a very good fit, considering also the side view (where unneeded bulk would show).

Btw, the Badalassi on this jacket kicks ass, superb grain and variation out of the box (which I do not see on many pictures of new jackets with Bada).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy