Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aero leather b3 jacket

glynny_123

New in Town
is ther anyone who could help me date this old jacket or any info from this label

TYPE B-3
DWG NO 33H 5595
A.C. CONTRACT
NO. W 533 a.c 19436
AERO LEATHER CLO. CO
BEACON N.Y

The zips been replaced was wondering how old it was its reinforced with horsehide over the sleeves
cheers

glynny_123

New in Town
yes you are correct just checked the label that line should read NO.W 535 ac-19436 does that help

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This original Aero B-3 dates to the 1941 fiscal year. The contract number would place it in the early summer of 1941.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I demand a report! :D

Lets see your Flight jacket! What are you gonna do with it, where did you get it, how much did you pay...what do you think of B-3 Jackets...!!!

some details please!

Any known history of this Jacket!

glynny_123

New in Town
thats good thought it was ww2 paid 10 pounds off ebay few rips under one arm but still very useable will get some pics later

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
In this day and age, 10 pounds is an unheard of incredible bargain! Especially if its an Authentic Aero!

If you need any tips to repair it, dont hesitate to call on us!

this is the place for all the know-how!

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
you have to do a couple extra steps, its not that tricky, Just upload them first then it takes a Minute. you gotta muck around a bit with the sub-menu that pops up.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
No, the 19436 has nothing to do with a calendar date.
Are you sure it isn't W535 ac 19436?
Based on the numbers, I would guess sometime pre-1942. But I am not an expert.

Haha, just thought I would have a go, based my guess on plastic moulding codes. Oh well, never mind.

In this day and age, 10 pounds is an unheard of incredible bargain! Especially if its an Authentic Aero!

If you need any tips to repair it, dont hesitate to call on us!

this is the place for all the know-how!

Some years back I bought a D1 with an Aero label for £10, was pretty shot, patched it up and got £50 for it at a car boot. That is to say, patched up the holes and put a repro squadron patch on it.
Also bought an N1 deck jacket with a direct connection to the USS Lexington. That one was also pretty beat up, I did not realise the significance of the markings so sold that on for £15 after wearing it to repair my car as it was a super warm jacket.
Johnny Tee

Peacoat

Bartender
how the hell do i get the pics on this site cant make any sense of instructions

May be that you need a certain number of posts before you can post pics. If not, look at the third icon from the left. If you click on that, you can upload photos directly from your hard drive and not have to go through a third party server, such as Photobucket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo