Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Barnstormer in brown FQHH

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Many thanks for the comments Davy, Butte and DD. Photos of yours truly in the Barnstormer to come!

And Butte, you may just be on to something, "Butte's FQHH Breaking-In Service - Nothing's too tough for us!" :D

Many thanks for the comments Davy, Butte and DD. Photos of yours truly in the Barnstormer to come!And Butte, you may just be on to something, "Butte's FQHH Breaking-In Service - Nothing's too tough for us!" :D
Killer idea. As good as my baby sitter / dog walker service for bachelors. Rent babies and puppies to bachelors. Take fees for taking care of babies and puppies. 2X the pay. No poop! I've got a million of 'em mate. lolLook forward to the pics! We need a logo for the new biz :)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Ok as promised here's a couple of my "new" Barnstormer being worn and one to show the leather in half full and half indirect sunlight.

The jacket is being worn over an old (heavy gauge cotton) rugby jersey. Hope they convey some idea of the fit which I am completely thrilled with.

Cheers,

Tim

barnstormer4_zpsec444085.jpg

barnstormer5_zpsa07979e4.jpg

barnstormer6_zpsf8dbdfd9.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words wdw and Sloan. I feel hugely lucky to have found this jacket in this condition and for the price.

I can't stop wearing it, it's my favourite jacket by a very long chalk!

And if any members are thinking of making the leap for a Barnstormer, I'd highly recommend it.

Edward

Bartender
Gorgeous jacket. I'm still holding out for Aero to do one with just ten inches more length, so it could be worn as an overcoat atop a suit...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Many thanks Edward and Davy Crockett, she's a keeper ;)

And Edward, I know we've spoken about this by PM but I reckon you might just be able to get away with an extra 8'' to 10'' (if you can persuade Aero to do it) but only with the cotton drill lining and with a lighter FQHH offering or (maybe) the shaved FQHH. Whether it might need venting at the back for the extra length you'd have to ask Aero. But maybe send Holly or Ken an email. Where there's a will there's a way!

Thanks once again chaps.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Gorgeous jacket. I'm still holding out for Aero to do one with just ten inches more length, so it could be worn as an overcoat atop a suit...

They are sized to be worn over a jacket or suit. Which is why if you don't want to do that you should size down with them. I bought one a couple of years ago and was persuaded to go with my chest size which was up from the size I usually have in Aero's boxy jackets, and it turned out to be too big even over a heavy sweater.

Sized to go over a suit they are longer too so a little more added to that and you'd be fine.

Edward

Bartender
Many thanks Edward and Davy Crockett, she's a keeper ;)

And Edward, I know we've spoken about this by PM but I reckon you might just be able to get away with an extra 8'' to 10'' (if you can persuade Aero to do it) but only with the cotton drill lining and with a lighter FQHH offering or (maybe) the shaved FQHH. Whether it might need venting at the back for the extra length you'd have to ask Aero. But maybe send Holly or Ken an email. Where there's a will there's a way!

Thanks once again chaps.

Yeah, I'll have to look into it when the money gods smile upon me once more... ;) Ten inches probably would do it - just enough t be sure it'd cover the jacket. I hate the look of a suit jacket peeking out below an 'overcoat' (regularly seen on the tube in London in Winter, grown men wearing short, nylon ski jackets over the top of a suit jacket that's markedly longer...). I'd definitely have to look at which hide to go with. I rather like a heavy coat myself, but I might be tempted to go with a lighter hide and an alpaca lining... be nice to feel as warm as I do in an Irvin but with a suit...

They are sized to be worn over a jacket or suit. Which is why if you don't want to do that you should size down with them. I bought one a couple of years ago and was persuaded to go with my chest size which was up from the size I usually have in Aero's boxy jackets, and it turned out to be too big even over a heavy sweater.

Sized to go over a suit they are longer too so a little more added to that and you'd be fine.

Definitely worth looking into. :)

Wouldn't this crush the suit, though?

No more so than a heavy wool vintage overcoat, I should have thought...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points