Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clo. Co N.Y

Al 916

One Too Many
Does anyone know about the history of this company?

I have a pair of A5 Flight trousers, maybe 40's?

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 20.03.14.png

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I live in Beacon. It was a thriving manufacturing center for hundreds of years...

Alas, after the postwar collapse of industry along the Hudson River towns, the entire Beacon riverfront factory neighborhood was torn down for urban renewal in the 1970s. Ferry Street, once a vital artery to the town center from the waterfront trains, factories and Newburgh ferry... now exists as just a single block of condos. The Aero factory buildings are long gone.

I've spoken with the folks at the Beacon Historical Society about Aero - they have an A-2 jacket on display at their HQ - and heard reminiscences from some of the mainly women who worked in the Aero factories when they were going full-blast during the war. But i didn't get to the level of detail in that VLJ thread!

Hat guys take note: Beacon was also once the second-largest producer of hats (after Danbury, CT) in the USA, with 11 hat factories employing hundreds of workers circa 1900. A couple of those factory buildings along Fishkill Creek still exist as impressive ruins.

Al 916

One Too Many
Here they are. All teeth appear present on the zips, a couple of holes and some great looking graining.

Pretty good condition for 80 year olds!

Dr, If your folk in the Historic Society are interested do let me know (There is a bit of provenance from the estate (the chaps name). It might be nice for these to be back home in the museum and if my costs were covered I would be happy to get them over.

PM me.

Best
Al

20231114_151410.jpg

I live in Beacon. It was a thriving manufacturing center for hundreds of years...

Alas, after the postwar collapse of industry along the Hudson River towns, the entire Beacon riverfront factory neighborhood was torn down for urban renewal in the 1970s. Ferry Street, once a vital artery to the town center from the waterfront trains, factories and Newburgh ferry... now exists as just a single block of condos. The Aero factory buildings are long gone.

I've spoken with the folks at the Beacon Historical Society about Aero - they have an A-2 jacket on display at their HQ - and heard reminiscences from some of the mainly women who worked in the Aero factories when they were going full-blast during the war. But i didn't get to the level of detail in that VLJ thread!

Hat guys take note: Beacon was also once the second-largest producer of hats (after Danbury, CT) in the USA, with 11 hat factories employing hundreds of workers circa 1900. A couple of those factory buildings along Fishkill Creek still exist as impressive ruins.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo