Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Handymike, Ben Kingsley is a psycho in that film! I was shocked! I was like 'Ghandi, what the hell are you doing?'.

Bunyip, I'm a fan of Tom Hardy, but I never heard of that, I'll check it out.

Sloan, ha ha! I love that scene!

Two Types, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

Tropical Bob, yeah, I find British gangster villains to be strangely reassuring authority figures- good to their mothers.

I think in terms of movies, the UKs strongest cultural export is 007. When I was in China about 13 years ago, I was surprised to see that every Chinese student and lecturer I met knew who James Bond was, and huddled round a big TV to watch one of the movies together. It was a little bizarre, I guess 'James Bond' travels well.

But I think it's a shame that Brit gangster movies aren't so well known. It's not all bowler hats, cups of tea, and 'good morning vicar' in real life, after all.

http://dontpaniconline.de/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/niccage.jpg
I could pull that off. I'd be a symbol of my individuality and belief in personal freedom!

Big J, found you some boots to go with the jacket.
image.jpg

hidetanner

New in Town
[QUdoOTE=Big J;1944692]Handymike, Ben Kingsley is a psycho in that film! I was shocked! I was like 'Ghandi, what the hell are you doing?'.

Bunyip, I'm a fan of Tom Hardy, but I never heard of that, I'll check it out.

Sloan, ha ha! I love that scene!

Two Types, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

Tropical Bob, yeah, I find British gangster villains to be strangely reassuring authority figures- good to their mothers.

I think in terms of movies, the UKs strongest cultural export is 007. When I was in China about 13 years ago, I was surprised to see that every Chinese student and lecturer I met knew who James Bond was, and huddled round a big TV to watch one of the movies together. It was a little bizarre, I guess 'James Bond' travels well.

But I think it's a shame that Brit gangster movies aren't so well known. It's not all bowler hats, cups of tea, and 'good morning vicar' in real life, after all.[/QUOTE]

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Could you clean up your posts, hidetanner? They seem to have fragmented and I can't get the gist of what you're trying to say.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Why so off topic? Let's just wait until more info comes...

Sorry. It's my fault.
We were talking about Will Lauder of Alexander Leathers being found guilty in court, and I asked some question about the British underworld of criminals and 'dodgy' characters (which the trial story seems to have plenty of).

And it is keeping the thread right up there, where anyone passing through can find it and discover how rotten Will Lauder and associates are.

By the way, Superfluous, have Alexander Leathers formally changed thier name now to hide from all this?

Edward

Bartender
You know, Jason Strathem does good as a London gangster.

Meh. Well. A certain, heavily fictionalised and romanticised version, maybe. You know, in the same world where Reggie and Ronnie were nice boys who looked after their mum.... ;)

Very much looking forward to Tom Hardy playing the terrible twins.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Meh. Well. A certain, heavily fictionalised and romanticised version, maybe. You know, in the same world where Reggie and Ronnie were nice boys who looked after their mum.... ;)

Very much looking forward to Tom Hardy playing the terrible twins.

Weren't they nice to thier mum?
Oh no. That destroys a cornerstone of my admiration for them- all those black Jags parked on the street while hard men, huddled together in a little room say 'Thank you Mrs. Kray' for some tea and cookies.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The old cliche that 'people could leave their doors unlocked' because the Krays and co kept everyone in line wasn't true. You just have to walk into the Blind Beggar close to where Ed lives to see what the Twins were really like: it's where George Cornell of the Richardson gang was shot by Ronnie. A lovely place for a pint nowadays, though...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interviewer: But didn't they nail your wife's head to a coffee table?
Michael Palin: They had to! I had transgressed the unwritten law!

Benj

One of the Regulars
I think it would be a good idea to perhaps sticky this thread, if possible. That way, once this is all over and buried, someone won't buy an Alexander, chance upon this thread, and regret supporting a business if they feel as most do in this thread.

Also it's then unnecessary to be off topi ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21