Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
The strong disapproval being displayed for this thread doesnt quite warrant the gross exageration in the description of those interested in this story. "A pack of wild dogs"? "Gleeful"? I dont see it.

There were members putting up emoticons for "popcorn" whilst waiting for the next tidbit of information and others asking whether the next instalment of this case was more looked forward to than the next episode of "Game of Thrones". Bad taste indeed.

I think Sloan's trial thread has been well done, but some of the comments in this comments thread have been beyond the pale in terms of good taste.

Paddy hit the nail on the head.

Well the first comment has now been posted on the trial narrative by someone that somehow just skipped over every 'header' on every daily account that Sloan has posted. Absolutely unbelievable. Hopefully the poster will delete it..or a bartender will.

There were members putting up emoticons for "popcorn" whilst waiting for the next tidbit of information and others asking whether the next instalment of this case was more looked forward to than the next episode of "Game of Thrones". Bad taste indeed.

I think Sloan's trial thread has been well done, but some of the comments in this comments thread have been beyond the pale in terms of good taste.

Paddy hit the nail on the head.

Why it's obvious...or Paddy would not have called attention to it or any of us would even be in agreement about his observations.

thor

Call Me a Cab
Well the first comment has now been posted on the trial narrative by someone that somehow just skipped over every 'header' on every daily account that Sloan has posted. Absolutely unbelievable. Hopefully the poster will delete it..or a bartender will.
It might be that the poster meant to post in this thread but his fingers typed a response before his attention focused on the specific page header. :eusa_doh:

Girl on a Motorcycle

New in Town
This has been massively discussed. Plus Paddy's comment removed from the thread, and then it was unlocked
That's the management asking us to move on, and forward.

Sloan: you said the Lounge got mentioned in court. Aside from the Skip Horween statement, was TFL mentioned by anyone else - Ken, Will, the police? Or is that our lot as far as scottish court fame goes

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

HD I am sure it was inadvertently done on his part. We all want to see Sloan's trial narrative restricted only to him.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
This has been massively discussed. Plus Paddy's comment removed from the thread, and then it was unlocked
That's the management asking us to move on, and forward.

Sloan: you said the Lounge got mentioned in court. Aside from the Skip Horween statement, was TFL mentioned by anyone else - Ken, Will, the police? Or is that our lot as far as scottish court fame goes

Yeah, but it's something that'll come up later in the narrative. It's a rather odd observation in the first place, tbh, and out of context it would seem even stranger.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
HD I am sure it was inadvertently done on his part. We all want to see Sloan's trial narrative restricted only to him.

Yeah, the guy followed a link to the thread from somewhere else. Likely doesn't know there is a discussion thread.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I sent Ken an e-mail yesterday apologizing for being so angry with them about my orders last year.
I knew Aero was having big trouble, but I didn't understand that magnitude of the trouble.
Thanks to Sloan's explanation, I understand much better, and feel ashamed of myself for having been so angry with them.
Thanks to Sloan, I now understand better what was happening at the time, and have learnt a lesson in civility.
I wish I could take Ken, Denny and others out for a beer to say sorry.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
:D Poor Vespizzare.

I've got to ask, on Monday's chapter, didn't anyone think the disparity between WL's and JM's estimate when they started mislabelling odd? To me it was one of the stand-out aspects of that section.

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
:D Poor Vespizzare.

I've got to ask, on Monday's chapter, didn't anyone think the disparity between WL's and JM's estimate when they started mislabelling odd? To me it was one of the stand-out aspects of that section.

Sorry, I don't see what you're getting at. I can't see JM mentioned in Mondays section (。-_-。)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Compare
Giving evidence for the defence, JM had told the court that the deception had gone on between 2009 and 20012, during WL’s tenure.
with
WL insisted, that the move was a stop-gap and had lasted just eight months.
and
During his testimony KC pointed to a mislabelled jacket that was part of evidence and said that it dated back to 2007.

pawineguy

One Too Many
^ I just finished re-reading that section. I had seen the difference between JM and WL, which was no surprise, but the KC testimony of 2007 is stunning, in terms of the possible number of jackets that could be out there. Or, put another way, the number of customers who were deceived.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
From his expression, I think even Ken was surprised at the 2007 tag! The question is, of course, what do Horween make of this?

IXL

One Too Many
Vespizzare is a good and helpful guy. I'm sure he was just unaware of the general agreement to not post in Sloan's trial thread. When he becomes cognizant of this, I sure hope he doesn't fall on his sword or something; he's from California, you know.......

Big J

Call Me a Cab
From his expression, I think even Ken was surprised at the 2007 tag! The question is, of course, what do Horween make of this?

I guess that Horween has copies of the orders Aero made during the time in question; how much horse, how much steer, so I guess you could match that to Aeros orders, and see how they compare?
How much horse did Aero buy, how many 'horse' jackets were ordered, made, and paid for? That's a lot of checking.
But Horween must know how much of everything it supplied to Aero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy