Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The AL statement was probably warranted at this point, if they had been more factual. Why was a production manager setting up and coordinating the collaboration with IH? Seems a bit unusual. And frankly, SA wouldn't be much of a businessman if he brought in WL, from the MD role at Aero, with WL supplying the talent in the form of the defecting employees, and who knows whatever else, and makes him the production manager?? Thanks for everything now get down to the factory floor!? It defies logic.

Edit: The irony of them posting on the IH thread that WL was only involved in operational and machine duties is almost too rich. See @superfluous previous brilliant breakdown of how often WL was mentioned there, clearly in a sales / collaboration role.

They didn't post on the IH forum, they posted on the "news" section of their website, and Gilles from IH copied and pasted it to the IH Alexander thread.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
BK's issues were more to do with attitude than environment.

I thought he was entertaining in an unselfconscious sort of way. He blew his own trumpet, but then which company doesn’t? English wasn’t his first language and that played a part I expect. But for all that he was very knowledgeable. The attitude of some who attacked him was much worse.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Gentlemen, back on topic please! Will Lauder, of Alexander Leathers, has been found guilty of crimes against Aero.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I too just read the AL statement. One sentence in their statement that stands out is: "We have also had contact from our customers informing us that Aero Leathers had sent direct emails to them in regard to the trial outcome and either explicitly or by implication stating that Alexander Leathers was somehow involved in the alleged criminality." [huh]

As far as I can determine Aero has said nothing to anyone regarding this matter. I would think that Aero would make no public statement to anyone until after sentencing, even if then.

Last edited:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Yep..but for the few with the always 'oh well' reasoning that kind of stuff makes little to no difference to them. Most every post is a litany of pardoning excuses.

I seem to remember that you took a great dislike to him. Other than a little unsophisticated knocking marketing and childish boasting, I don’t remember him doing all that much wrong when I was visiting here regularly. I think he did start to escalate his critique of the opposition’s leather a lot more as things started to get out of hand. But I don’t know what happened in the end. You can’t have a fight with just one person participating though.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
All you have to do is take a glance at the hot mess of BK's Facebook postings from a month or so back. But back to te OP lol

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought he was entertaining in an unselfconscious sort of way. He blew his own trumpet, but then which company doesn’t? English wasn’t his first language and that played a part I expect. But for all that he was very knowledgeable. The attitude of some who attacked him was much worse.

Offhand, I can't think of another jacket maker that does. Also, I can't remember anyone on this forum attacking him until his tacit condoning of Schizo's hysterical comments.

I seem to remember that you took a great dislike to him. Other than a little unsophisticated knocking marketing and childish boasting, I don’t remember him doing all that much wrong when I was visiting here regularly. I think he did start to escalate his critique of the opposition’s leather a lot more as things started to get out of hand. But I don’t know what happened in the end. You can’t have a fight with just one person participating though.

That's what leaves some of us shaking our heads. The admitted limited knowledge of what has happened in the last year or so concerning BK on several fronts and even with the facts offered by Sloan and statements by Superfluous about recent Aero/ IH/AL revelations you are intent on deflecting much of it as 'doesn't really matter'. Alot of..I seem to remember...I don't remember...Don't know what happened in the end.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KC told the court that a new problem arose in mid-November when the company received three or four Aero jackets that were made from steer but had been labelled as horse hide. . . . Giving evidence on the mislabelling, Julie Leitch (JL) said that was to do with Iron Heart. . . . She said that in 2011 she started to use what she believed was really thick horse hide for Iron Heart jackets, but thought nothing at the time about WL's comment. . . . JM had told the court that the deception had gone on between 2009 and 20012, during WL’s tenure. . . .

Julie's evidence was that, as far as she was aware, the mislabelling was to do with jackets sold to Iron Heart when she was making them for the label in 2011.

Note the time frame: 2011. "The mislabelling was to do with jackets sold to Iron Heart when she was making them for the label in 2011."

On March 16, 2011, Giles made the following post in the IH "Leather Jackets" forum:

“Here is my son in his Aero Cafe Racer: [Photo omitted] And here is one I gave Haraki [IH owner/founder] as a present: [Photo omitted].”

According to the trial testimony summarized by Sloan, IH was receiving Storse jackets when Giles made this post, and before.

Do you think . . . . ????

EMPERORSNE.PNG

wanz

One of the Regulars
One has to ask: Where did these various websites get their description of how AL was founded? I suspect they received the description from AL (the same description used by Alexander Leathers for its YouTube account).

From the Wayback Machine, it looks like that description was in the Alexander Leathers "About Us" description when their site first launched.
http://web.archive.org/web/20131128025023/http://www.alexanderleathers.com/information-menu/about-us.html

NB: For some reason it appears as white text on a white background, but if you highlight the text you should be able to read it.

Based on the snapshots, the text was edited some time between November 28, 2013 and December 30, 2013 to remove references to WL:
http://web.archive.org/web/20131230054406/http://www.alexanderleathers.com/information-menu/about-us.html

Take that as you will given the timeline of events.

I have been both an Aero and AL customer in the past. Like others, I have not received any communication from Aero on the trial. Legal issues aside, it just doesn't seem their style. But if this trial has taught me anything, I will probably never really know my jacket makers.

wdw

One Too Many
Talking of JL, what I found interesting about her testimony was that she said she was always first in the door at 6am, yet WL claimed to be always working from 4am. Maybe he misremembered?

I'm surprised at the deafening silence on the IH forum even now about them probably being the main unwitting recipients of storse, especially considering these guys know their clothing and don't mind spending to get the best. If the accusations are true, how galling it must be to have been taken advantage of like that.

Considering the love for Aero pre and post storse on this board at the time of the thing coming into the open, this board was awash with acrimony, negativity and accusations against them. The IH brand must have extremely loyal and tolerant customers compared to the Aero rabble (myself included).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Like others, I have not received any communication from Aero on the trial. Legal issues aside, it just doesn't seem their style.

This is a point I was trying to make earlier today regarding the AL statement just made on their website: "We have also had contact from our customers informing us that Aero Leathers had sent direct emails to them in regard to the trial outcome and either explicitly or by implication stating that Alexander Leathers was somehow involved in the alleged criminality."

As active as I have been buying Aero jackets, including recently, I have not received any communication from Aero either regarding the trial, and I am simply unable to envision that happening. To the best of my knowledge, Aero has been silent throughout all of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran