Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather in size 46 / cherry

WolferlQ3

New in Town
Dear all,

I hope the intention of this thread does not conflict with any rules, as I like to buy an Aero Leather jacket in cherry.

After some research I understood that the colour cherry is a) not very often used, and b) always made out of the stiff Front Quarter HH.

Do you know anybody who would like to sell a cherry in size 46. I don,t want to break the Leather by myself ( I do have a lot of jackets, that will never happen because of low wearing time) and I don,t want to wait up to 10 weeks for a crafted one. Currently, there is no cherry in stock.

Would be happy if somebody knows someone or please inspire me if you have another idea.

Thank you and best wishes from Munich
Wolfgang

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You might possibly try a Cordovan version instead. This color is pretty versatile oscillating between (dark) red in bright daylight and dark reddish brown in low light.

Outdoor, cloudy day

full

Indoor, cloudy day

full

In car / garage

full

In car morning sun

full

Indoor, bright day

full

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Cherry is definitely brighter than Cordovan, and not often seen in the wild. As a rule of thumb, if you want a bright red jacket, I'd say look at cherry, while if you want something in a more burgundy / red wine / dark red, look at Cordovan.

It's also permissible to place a "want to buy" ad in the Classifieds, though we don't see much of that. Be warned, though, that 'want to buys' online can be targeted by scammers; we don't get many of those round here, but unfortunately it can happen.

WolferlQ3

New in Town
Thanks for the reply....I do like both a Cherry and a Cordovan one, but Cherry first as I want to have one.
But as I only wear it some days throughout the month, I fear the HH a bit
Cordovan can be also made out of SH which I assume a bit more softer.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Cherry cxl is brighter than Cordovan cxl, it is a warmer color than the cooler cordovan color, more amber tint than blue tint. But I like it a lot. It’s very rich color, like mahogany wood.
I also don’t think CXL is that bad in terms of breaking in. If Aero has the leather in stock their lead time can be rather quick. I’ve had a jacket delivered within two weeks on several occasions.
Cherry CXL
IMG_0227.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21